Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
CHARGER TYPESTIME REQUIRED FROM 0%–100% CHARGERANGE/HOUR
Ford Connected Charge Station 240V/48A10.9 hours*28 miles*
Ford Mobile Charger using 240V/30A NEMA 14-50 wall outlet15 hours*20 miles*
Ford Mobile Charger using standard 120V/12A wall outlet95 hours*3 miles*

*Range and charge time based on manufacturer computer engineering simulations and EPA-estimated range calculation methodology. The charging rate decreases as battery reaches full capacity. Your results may vary based on peak charging times and battery state of charge. Actual vehicle range varies with conditions such as external environment, vehicle use, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health.
Sponsored

BillK

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air GT, Zero SR/F
Occupation
Retired-ish
Country flag
I've only used a 120V plug for over six years now on two different EVs. Don't have my Mustang yet.
I charge at 8A as one should in an older house, especially if you are using a circuit that has any other outlets on it. Replace grungy or broken sockets.

Charging like this easily covers my day to day use which seldom exceeds 30 miles. Still driving my Gen 2 Volt (EPA 53 mile range, 65-70 real world miles in town) and usually just charge every other day. If I were in a colder climate than Texas I would definitely get a 240V EVSE to take full advantage of pre-heating before heading out.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A couple newbie questions about charging...

I understand that charging from a standard 120volt outlet is much much slower. My route to work is only ten miles round trip so I'm wondering if I could still get by with a standard outlet and daily overnight charging.

1. Would an overnight charge still yield about 20-30 miles over about 12 hours?

2. Does it cost more to charge with a 120 volt outlet than it does with a 240volt outlet since it takes more time? Or is the energy used still roughly the same to get to 100% battery?
I have had my SR RWD Select since Feb. '21.....whenever talking about estimated range, battery charging, I feel it is very important to talk about the type of driving one does as the car, I believe, is always taking that into account whenever it is estimating miles per anything....sooooo, I have only ever charged using 120 line, but I am retired so I do only (for the most part) local driving, under 45 mph usually......my m/kwh since 2-12-21 have averaged, according to the car 5.2 m/kwh (over 8000 miles so far)

with all that out of the way, during the warmer months I get about 5m/kwh on the charge, now that it's cooler here in NJ I have been getting 4ish m/kwh, this from Ford Pass.....I know nothing is perfect.....if your commute of 10 miles are easy miles you may "get" more than 3 "estimated" miles per hour using a 120 line.....even if you only get the 3m/kwh in 10 hours you get 30 miles more than enough for your commute.......and if you keep the soc at about 80% or so you should be fine for a longer shopping trip......remember you can charge to 90%+ if you need to....

Atlas899

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E X4
Hi,
I'm late to the thread here, but I just charged my 2023 mach e for the first time via a 120v using the Ford mobile charger. I got over 100km charge in about 10hrs...much faster than 3miles.
Is my charger over-drawing or something?
Ford Mustang Mach-E How slow is 120volt outlet? 1000010676

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
No you had the normal 1kw charging on 120v. The issue from 120 is usually when the car has to pre-condition the battery it takes a little longer.
Or if it's really cold ambient temperature while charging, then you will see a big increase in charging time as the battery has to be kept warm as well as charge.

Atlas899

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E X4
No you had the normal 1kw charging on 120v. The issue from 120 is usually when the car has to pre-condition the battery it takes a little longer.
Or if it's really cold ambient temperature while charging, then you will see a big increase in charging time as the battery has to be kept warm as well as charge.
Thanks Robob!

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Can be done but would you want to. I like to drive and we tend to go more now since we are not paying the price at the pump. Buying an BEV and not setting up a good charger is like gaining freedom from the tyranny of the gas pump only to victimize yourself with a self imposed restrictive charge curve.....

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hi,
I'm late to the thread here, but I just charged my 2023 mach e for the first time via a 120v using the Ford mobile charger. I got over 100km charge in about 10hrs...much faster than 3miles.
You got 10.2kWh in 9.33 hours. That math shows a rate of 1.09 hour, right on the money.

Your mistake is in believing that Distance Added number. It's simply wrong.

10.2kWh might be 31 miles. 31 miles is 50kM. So ignore that field.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hi,
Ford Mustang Mach-E How slow is 120volt outlet? 1000010676
Distance added is wrong. You got more like 50 km not 100 km added.