Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
DISCLAIMER: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! While this shouldn't void any warranties or cause any issues it is considered modifying your vehicle in an unsupported way. I am not responsible for any damage you do to your vehicle or injury/death to any human or pet left in your vehicle unattended. It is never a good idea to leave any animal/human in a vehicle unattended without constant monitoring that the vehicle will in in fact stay running. Moreover, if the vehicle is left running while attached to any charging system, and that system fails, the car will revert to accessory only mode turning off climate control systems. OTA updates could revert this change.

This mod is intended as a work around, without having to dive down into any menus when leaving your pet in the car. Normally, you would enter the vehicle settings menu, and disable the Vehicle Power Down Timer option manually. It defaults to on after every ignition cycle. After performing this mod, that option stays off permanently. This means that if you forget to shut your vehicle off, it will run forever! It will not shut off until the HV battery dies, or you discover it later. This mod might not be everyone's preference, so if you like it, great! If you don't, great!* Don't come in here and make a big fuss about it. Thanks!

*There has been numerous threads on the lack of "Pet-Mode" on our vehicles, so if you're upset about that, please take it to one of those threads. Respect this thread as a way to mod your vehicle to suit your needs.

Great guide on how to use FORScan: If you don't know how to modify as built with FORScan there is a great write up here: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

Sign up for an extended license trial or purchase one to support the FORScan team here: https://forscan.org/download.html

Manual way: Modify as built in *IPC: 720-01-01 x7xx xxxx xxxx DISABLES Vehicle Power Down Timer. The stock value is F.
DO NOT change anything that is an X - leave your current value there. If you have anything other than a F for the default value let me know and I can check on it. Hit write next to the line you modified. No need to restart the car.

*The reason you're modifying the IPC is because it's still the central point for a lot of the vehicle configurations. When you change an option on the APIM (Center screen) it will relay that change to the IPC and other modules. I tried to turn off the option on the APIM and it didn't work, I had to turn it off on the IPC for it to stick.

EDIT: I use a WiFi temperature monitor that connects to the vehicle Wifi. I can monitor the internal temperature of the vehicle from my phone anywhere in the world. There's numerous items on amazon depending on the features you want.
Sponsored