Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
It makes sense, except I really want an easy way to find dealerships that not only sell EVs, but are competent to service them in a timely manner. If any dealership can sell the cars without requiring they have trained ev technicians, that's going to be really frustrating.
I completely agree. We early adopters don't have it easy. It's going to take some time for all dealers to get on board with full support.
Sponsored

CarlSagan82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Yea now it’s showing the dealer who I bought the car from which I know for a fact they don’t have people who can work on my Mach E. The other ford with certified staff is only a few miles more so no issue. But it is confusing on how to find a dealer for GOOD EV SERVICE. I don’t care if they can sell them, I already have one 😆

lesz

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There isn't an official list published yet, but we can use the Build and Buy website to find participating dealers. Only Model e Certified dealers can sell 2024 model year EVs.

1. First, head to: https://www.ford.com/finder/2024/mach-e/
  2. Next, choose a configuration. Choose a popular one like GT. Click "Choose your options".
    Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 12.43.41 AM.png
  3. Click on you ZIP code and edit if it's not correct. Also set your search radius. Then click "View matches".
    Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 12.45.14 AM.png

4. On the match page, click the "Sort and Filter" button.
    Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 12.47.40 AM.png
  5. The list that appears are the closest Model e Certified dealers to you. Click the "More Dealers" link to show more results, if available. If there aren't very many listed, you might have to expand your search radius.
    Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 12.47.26 AM.png
  6. That's it, you've found the Ford Model e Certified dealers near you.
The dealership where I bought my MME last August is not listed. Does that mean it’s not certified? Or does it just mean they don’t currently have any MME’s for sale?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The dealership where I bought my MME last August is not listed. Does that mean it’s not certified? Or does it just mean they don’t currently have any MME’s for sale?
Probably not certified then.

lesz

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Probably not certified then.
I guess I’ve should’ve asked this the first time: does that mean they will no longer service my MME? If that’s true, shouldn’t the dealership or Ford have reached out to me?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I guess I’ve should’ve asked this the first time: does that mean they will no longer service my MME? If that’s true, shouldn’t the dealership or Ford have reached out to me?
They can perform safety recalls, but no longer general EV service. No, there’s no requirement to reach out to you, you’ll find out the next time you schedule service. There is a transition period they’re allowing some services as long as the dealer still has current EV certified technicians.

lesz

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
They can perform safety recalls, but no longer general EV service. No, there’s no requirement to reach out to you, you’ll find out the next time you schedule service. There is a transition period they’re allowing some services as long as the dealer still has current EV certified technicians.
As always Mach-Lee, thanks for the useful information. It’s disappointing because one of the reasons I picked my MME GT over the Model Y Performance and EV6 GT was the close proximity of the Ford dealership.
My wife is ready to replace her car. When I shared this information she declared, “It sure in hell won’t be a Ford!“.

Last edited:

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
As always Mach-Lee, thanks for the useful information. It’s disappointing because one of the reasons I picked my MME GT over the Model Y Performance and EV6 GT was the close proximity of the Ford dealership.
My wife is ready to replace her car. When I shared this information she declared, “It sure in hell won’t be a Ford!“.
My dealership is 64 miles away, but worth it to me. The nearest Ford dealer (22 miles away) that sells EVs and appears to be certified ignored our first emails inquiring about the Mach-E, so I am less enthusiastic about trying them. Even if the nearest Ford dealer is bad, if there is a good one an acceptable distance away, that might be good enough. 64 miles is a tad excessive, but it's also an excuse to go to the big city. 😁

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It makes sense, except I really want an easy way to find dealerships that not only sell EVs, but are competent to service them in a timely manner.
<SNIP>
This is problematic because while a dealer may be certified and have one or more EV techs to service the car, some dealers just do not service vehicles in a timely manner. 😕🐩

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag