Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Please see the following past after this one for a step by step process to accomplish the below:

Besides going to palsapp.com and putting in your VIN - how are folks getting additional data points beyond that? iwii was nice enough to help me get some additional data about my upcoming delivery but instead of continuing to pester them I thought I would ask the group how I or anyone else could do this on our own?

The additional data points I am referring to are items such as ASN date, bayed date, picked date, and paired date, etc. that folks have posted about in various places that are seemly being pulled from palsapp.

My guesses are an API or Web Scraping tool is being used to do this? Can anyone who has done this elaborate? Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Griddlez

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I may have successfully answered my own question above and have explained below.

I found a chrome tool called apirequestio-ajax capture. Not promoting the tool here or saying it is safe to use but it is what I used successfully to get the additional data detail I mentioned above. Here is a link to it in the chrome store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/apirequestio-ajax-capture/aeojbjinmmhjenohjehcidmappiodhjm

• So you install it, go to the palsapp.com then open the extension on that tab in chrome by clicking its button in the tray at that top (or any other method).
• It asks you if you want to start a session against the tab you have open, say yes.
• Tell the extension to "capture".
• At this point put in your VIN and search on the page itself. If the extension is covering up this part of the page you may have to move the extension or pre-place the VIN into the search box and then tab to it and press enter to make it search. It may take some playing around with.
• When this happens (and you see the usual search section load) you can tell the extension to stop capturing.
• Then in the extension click view workspace.
• Find the latest time of any search you just ran on the right. Click it to expand a bigger menu.
• Go to the response tab
• In the parsed section of this tab you'll be able to expand out the arrows there to find the "additional information" about your shipment as I mentioned above.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How-to See Additional Data from Palsapp.com 1632506990136

Thanks to @Anvesh11 for this info (see their post below):
The dates are in epoch format and can be translated to human readable using this site:
https://www.epochconverter.com/

I hope this helped anyone trying to find this additional info.

Last edited:

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag
I think I may have successfully answered my own question above and have explained below. My only remaining question is how to translate the dates (more on that at the end of this post).

I found a chrome tool called apirequestio-ajax capture. Not promoting the tool here or saying it is safe to use but it is what I used successfully to get the additional data detail I mentioned above. Here is a link to it in the chrome store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/apirequestio-ajax-capture/aeojbjinmmhjenohjehcidmappiodhjm

• So you install it, go to the palsapp.com then open the extension on that tab in chrome by clicking its button in the tray at that top (or any other method).
• It asks you if you want to start a session against the tab you have open, say yes.
• Tell the extension to "capture".
• At this point put in your VIN and search on the page itself. If the extension is covering up this part of the page you may have to move the extension or pre-place the VIN into the search box and then tab to it and press enter to make it search. It make take some playing around with.
• When this happens (and you see the usual search section load) you can tell the extension to stop capturing.
• Then in the extension click view workspace.
• Found the latest time of any search you just ran on the right. Click it to expand a bigger menu.
• Go to the response tab
• In the parsed section of this tab you'll be able to expand out the arrows there to find the "additional information" about your shipment as I mentioned above.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How-to See Additional Data from Palsapp.com 1632506990136

I hope this helped anyone trying to find this additional info.

Now for my remaining question - how is everyone translating the dates? As you can see above the ASNDate for example is a long string. What format are these in that they need to be translated from? Are those like an actual tally minutes/seconds from GMT time that needs to be mathed? I'm sure a programmer would know this immediately lol, sorry for my ignorance.
It’s in epoch format.

Use this to view it in human readable format.
https://www.epochconverter.com/

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
I do not like using Chrome, but I do have Edge installed. To get the same info, one could also go to the page and then:
F12 for developer tools
Input VIN into the search bar and search
When the results return, single click on the Network heading in the dev tools
Next single click on Fetch/XHR which is below where you clicked on Network
Under Name, find your VIN and single click
A frame will open to the right with a few columns, make sure Response is highlighted. If not, click that heading once.
Click into Line 1 and then select all (CTRL+A), copy (CTRL+C), and then paste into a text program such as Notepad (CTRL+V)
Parse the information to make it more human readable and put times into the epoch calculator already posted.

OP
OP
Griddlez

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There have been people on the forums reporting that with just a VIN you can push driver profiles to cars, even after the car gets "authorized" with a owner. So as an example, if someone felt like it, daily, they could (potentially) push a picture of something you don't want to look at to your car and when you get in that'll be the first thing on the screen asking if you want to setup the profile. There may be worst things folks could do with it but that's the most annoying thing I know of.

Here's one example on the forums.. but I don't see a photo at least in this one but I think the OP did have it happen before with a picture getting added of some random guys face lol. He may even mention it in that thread.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-car-hacking.9718/

krikiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 CTS-V Wagon 6MT, Volvo XC90
Country flag
Wondering if anyone else is using this tool and what they're seeing. My car has been sitting in 'Picked' status for over 48 hours now, still waiting to be paired. Just trying to get a larger sample size of how long it takes to flip to 'Paired' and 'Dispatched'.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Wondering if anyone else is using this tool and what they're seeing. My car has been sitting in 'Picked' status for over 48 hours now, still waiting to be paired. Just trying to get a larger sample size of how long it takes to flip to 'Paired' and 'Dispatched'.
Don't know, but my Pals data has been sitting on Pending since 9/3 but my car was "shipped" on the 24th, still no change so.... a week so far?

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Don't know, but my Pals data has been sitting on Pending since 9/3 but my car was "shipped" on the 24th, still no change so.... a week so far?
Mine was shipped on 9/20 and received on the Muncie Ramp the afternoon of 10/2, falling within the 10-14 days shipment estimate I read elsewhere.

Bullitt_&_MME

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Bullitt; 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
Can someone run this for me, since I cannot download the app? VIN: 3FMTK4SE9MME02671
Sponsored