I’m just going to say it. The 4.1.2 interface is ugly!

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
They also need a way to turn on recirculation on the main screen. For those times when you're driving behind someone that doesn't want their cigarette smoke in their own car, so they hang it out the window to fill up your car instead. And also when behind cars with bad exhaust or when there's skunk road kill.
Sponsored

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I don't know if you guys notice this but before the new UI when it detected that the hatch was opened and closed and then a trip occurs. The next shutdown of the car the UI screen would come up with the top down view of car and you would have to option to press the hatch image.

Much like the rear occupant warming, once it sense the rear door open.

Now we have to press the DM icon button and that little effin button to open the hatch LMFAO.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I believe so yes but, then again, I'm an Android user 😜 so I think it is against the law for me to have faith in an Apple guy 😁
Doug Fields not Darren Palmer. Doug Fields is also a former Tesla guy.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I agree that the icons on the top bar are atrocious, and the Vol/Power labels shouldn't be together like that (even though I'll admit I never even noticed this detail until it was pointed out).

For me the icons/label problems are a very minor concern. More importantly, the update solved many of my biggest criticisms of the UI:
* Camera button! Finally! The"automagic" camera functionality has never worked well enough for me, especially going forward (practically touching objects before it comes on).
* Bigger Carplay is awesome! I never cared for the larger format "cards", so this is a win for me even without that resize option.
* Sliders BE GONE!
* More applications for the knob (making it less gimmicky).
* Seat heater button finally works like a normal seat heater button, cycling through the settings with presses.
* The UI does feel noticeably snappier to me.
*Maybe not related to the UI, but wireless Carplay is connecting/starting faster and more reliably for me. Previously it wouldn't automatically connect at all about 20% of the time, and was often quite slow when it did connect. Now it connects quite fast, every time. What is still NOT reliable is that it most often chooses my wife's phone if we're together and I'm the driver. I'm still not sure how Ford screwed this up so badly because it worked well before they introduced "advanced dual phone" feature in 3.5.4, when we actually had the option to specify a "favorite phone" for a profile. Annoying.

An opportunity for improvement: There's a bit of an awkward delay before the knob is activated for climate and seat heater, and even volume (from steering wheel) controls. You press one of these functions, and then there's a pause before the knob graphics appear. It's a minor complaint, but it's noticeable.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Needs work for sure. The functionality is improved. The look is old and tired. BTW fix Blue Cruise. My car changes lanes while in HOV lane at the same spot in AZ. Sometimes there is a car there..... never leave your wheel unattended in BC. It has happened three times in exact same spot.
Sponsored