Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Aren't the dividers removable? Just take them out if you don't like them.
Technically, the dividers are NOT removable. Ford does not provide any instructions for removal, nor do they state that they are removable. You are making a non-sanctioned modification to your vehicle if you remove them. For all I know, you’re voiding the vehicle warranty! ???
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
They'll have a physical pull handle with a glow in the dark end for a cable release like all US cars have in the luggage compartment. The problem with the Mach E is it's a switch, which for some reason they haven't got approved yet. Hence the dividers in the mean time.

No idea why we get the dividers in the UK, as it's irrelevant to us, but I actually think they look quite handy to stop stuff moving around!
How do you know this? It’s never been published.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
How do you know this? It’s never been published.
How do I know what?

I know a Boxter has a pull handle because I Googled it.

I know the Mach-E has a switch, because the frunk opens using a relay, and I've seen the switch.

I know UK market cars have dividers, because all Mach-Es have dividers.

Not sure what I know that isn't published?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
How do I know what?

I know a Boxter has a pull handle because I Googled it.

I know the Mach-E has a switch, because the frunk opens using a relay, and I've seen the switch.

I know UK market cars have dividers, because all Mach-Es have dividers.

Not sure what I know that isn't published?
The problem with the Mach E is it's a switch, which for some reason they haven't got approved yet.
to the best of my knowledge, Ford have never stated that it was a delay in regulatory approval for the switch that has prevented remote Front Trunk opening. There’s been all kinds of speculation. And, as you point out, why go to the expense of putting the dividers into vehicles not meant for the North American market and why not enable remote opening for those vehicles? There are more of them and they already have a different code base.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
to the best of my knowledge, Ford have never stated that it was a delay in regulatory approval for the switch that has prevented remote Front Trunk opening. There’s been all kinds of speculation. And, as you point out, why go to the expense of putting the dividers into vehicles not meant for the North American market and why not enable remote opening for those vehicles? There are more of them and they already have a different code base.
Ah okay! Apologies for being a bit defensive, I need to spend less time in the 'grumpy thread' this week ?

I wouldn't have a clue, but I was under the impression it was common knowledge that it was US regulation holding things up. I've seen it stated in reviews, forum comments and videos thus far. It probably is all speculation, but it seemed a fair assumption to make.

@Ford Motor Company are here, suppose we could ask them!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I wouldn't have a clue, but I was under the impression it was common knowledge that it's US regulations holding things up. I've seen it stated in reviews, forum comments and videos thus far. It probably is all speculation, but it seems a fair assumption to make.

@Ford Motor Company are here, suppose we could ask them!
Actually, people have asked Ford many times and they’ve declined to respond. I would be surprised if they chose to respond this time. In fact, during the webcasts when the front trunk dividers were first revealed, people asked if they were removable, and Ford gave an answer very similar to what I said. They’re equipment that is installed by Ford at the factory. Ford has no control over any modification owners may make to their vehicles after delivery. (Or something to that effect.)
Sponsored