jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
I think they wanted to keep it simple as to not intimidate ICE driving folks. I understand a lot of the want for all these displays but to Joe and Jane six pack it may make them do a double take on EV living. Maybe a 4th drive mode, "GEEK".
Works for me... I learned to fly on the "steam gauge" generation of aircraft, so I'm totally fine with this :)
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Works for me... I learned to fly on the "steam gauge" generation of aircraft, so I'm totally fine with this :)
I'm happy with the status quo. Maybe the m/kwh of the moment shown by the battery gauge but other than that .. simpler is better. If Ford wants to add stuff in, they can make it optional and configurable on a settings page. Otherwise it's just TMI.

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
If Ford wants to add stuff in, they can make it optional and configurable on a settings page. Otherwise it's just TMI.
That's what'd I'd like for sure... I don't want a bunch of (other people's) clutter, so whatever the solution is I hope it's something configurable.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's what'd I'd like for sure... I don't want a bunch of (other people's) clutter, so whatever the solution is I hope it's something configurable.
Yeah, I don't even like seeing the giant ICC bubble on the display. Smaller, and move it over. The last thing I want to be looking at while driving my MME is the car equivalent of the B-777 PFD :p

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Yeah, I don't even like seeing the giant ICC bubble on the display. Smaller, and move it over. The last thing I want to be looking at while driving my MME is the car equivalent of the B-777 PFD :p
You just made me sad. My favorite airline dumped all their 777s for some crappy French things. I miss the 777 ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You just made me sad. My favorite airline dumped all their 777s for some crappy French things. I miss the 777 ?
Unfortunately, Airbus builds better commercial aircraft than Boeing these days. More fuel-efficient, more reliable, lower maintenance costs, and mostly twin-isle aircraft.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Unfortunately, Airbus builds better commercial aircraft than Boeing these days. More fuel-efficient, more reliable, lower maintenance costs, and mostly twin-isle aircraft.
Sigh… sadly, all my friends who actually KNOW about these things (you know, the people who sit in the pointy end of the aircraft and pretend to drive it ?) have all told me the same thing. Of course, I was also sad to see the L-1011s go, and the 747s ?. Oh, and my most favorite aircraft of all, even though it was 1/2 French, the Concorde !

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sigh… sadly, all my friends who actually KNOW about these things (you know, the people who sit in the pointy end of the aircraft and pretend to drive it ?) have all told me the same thing. Of course, I was also sad to see the L-1011s go, and the 747s ?. Oh, and my most favorite aircraft of all, even though it was 1/2 French, the Concorde !
I flew nothing but American airliners my entire career although my company had Airbus aircraft. DC-8-73 -71's and -62's, B-747's of various flavors, B-727, MD-11. Painful to admit that Airbus has done a great job.

But I still don't want the B-777 or MD-11 PFD as the standard for the MME dashboard display. :p But there are some great ideas in this thread.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I flew nothing but American airliners my entire career although my company had Airbus aircraft. DC-8-73 -71's and -62's, B-747's of various flavors, B-727, MD-11. Painful to admit that Airbus has done a great job.

But I still don't want the B-777 or MD-11 PFD as the standard for the MME dashboard display. :p But there are some great ideas in this thread.
You really feel that strongly about the blue bubble of happiness, or as I like to think of it, the “force fields” protecting my car? ?
All joking aside, what iconography do you think would be appropriate to indicate to an average, nontechnical person that the car has adaptive cruise control and lane centering turned on? To me, the blue circle sort of says that the car is looking out all around the vehicle?

73Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Escape, 2020 Explorer
Country flag
Yes, it displays the current speed in large numbers and the speed limit in a faux black and white speed sign. It uses the camera to detect the sign, so it will even update in parking lots and the like (my kid's school has a "10 mph" sign near the parking lot entrance and a "5 mph" sign further in and the display updates as I pass them).

Here's a random picture from the Internet:

1623687912092.png
Thank you!

Hoping to see my Mach e by the end of June.

Elduke

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E I wish
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
After almost 2 months of driving now, I have a couple things I would love to see changed/added on the dashboard.... and hope that if enough of you all chime in we can get Ford to consider for some future OTA.

1. add display of actual kW power in/out, 'always on', so driver can see regen/output power and verify actual charge power while charging. Suggested location for display might be just above or below current display of 'Estimated Range'. I think we would all appreciate verification of the charge rate and it is very informative to see regen/output power consumed with 1-p driving....

2. change the 'Range' from a calculation based on cumulative average consumption since last 'cleared' to be a 'rolling calculation' based on last 100 miles that updates based on net consumption over last 100 miles every mile. This would increase accuracy automatically as conditions change.... such as if you have been driving around town, and head out on a long highway trip with less regen than in-town stop-and-go, the estimated range would 'adjust'.

so..... comments? additions? discussion?
maybe just 'like' if you don't want to comment, so Ford can see that *some* percentage of Members like these ideas....
Love the idea for 1 pedal driving metrics being displayed while driving to see just how much kWh you have generated via regenerative braking.
Sponsored