Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’M IN….

Watching the Ford inventory web site for the past 4 weeks looking for a Rapid Red Premium in any drive configuration. Imagine my surprise when a Rapid Red “First Edition” came up. It was a decline from someone with the last name initial starting with a T., in the San Jose, California area, (I’m not going to post the whole name).

Drove the 95 miles to the dealership - and there it was.

I was happy with the dealer experience. Going in with full knowledge about x-plan and options made the process less painless.

IMG_4289.jpeg
Sponsored

rogerq23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Country flag
Wow, nice color Mustang you got there! now people cant say it's not a Mustang when real Mustang owners get it as well.

Anyways, which San Jose dealership did you get a good experience from?
I ordered mine from the second dealership closest from home, because the closest one didn't have a good customer service when I called, they treated me like a joke and handed the phone from person to person and didn't even know about the federal credit for EVs.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow, nice color Mustang you got there! now people cant say it's not a Mustang when real Mustang owners get it as well.

Anyways, which San Jose dealership did you get a good experience from?
I ordered mine from the second dealership closest from home, because the closest one didn't have a good customer service when I called, they treated me like a joke and handed the phone from person to person and didn't even know about the federal credit for EVs.
Fronter Ford on Stevens Creek. The knew about the Cal. $1500 instant rebate and they knew about the fed credit. And just to add to that...my F150 is ruby red as well.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
I’M IN….

Watching the Ford inventory web site for the past 4 weeks looking for a Rapid Red Premium in any drive configuration. Imagine my surprise when a Rapid Red “First Edition” came up. It was a decline from someone with the last name initial starting with a T., in the San Jose, California area, (I’m not going to post the whole name).

Drove the 95 miles to the dealership - and there it was.

I was happy with the dealer experience. Going in with full knowledge about x-plan and options made the process less painless.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Im'In!  Got it home. IMG_4289
Heck yeah! I love that type of commitment pays off, and just makes the whole thing that much sweeter.
enjoy !

Hoss

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Tahoe RST, 2021 Mach-E Premier AWD ER
Country flag
I live in San Jose and just picked up my Mach E this weekend. Dealer called and told me someone declined their ordered when it arrived cause it wasn’t tow capable. Lucky me it was the same config I ordered so they called and asked if I wanted it.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So….. it’s been a week so let's recap. Searching the Ford web site payed off. I was checking it every day for the past month for a Rapid Red with any drive configuration. I have, (had) a Rapid red premium with single motor and standard battery on order since Nov, ’20. Admiditly I was ready for the standard “off the Lot” BS from the dealer - to my surprise…..none. I suspect with no trade in and purchasing it at SRSP has a lot to do with that. X-plan and Ford “options” financing was all in order. In addition the California $1500 point of purchase rebate was added as well. There was a short discussion on extended warranty’s and my distance for them and onto signing for the car. Doc fees were caped at $100, (per x plan rules).

Overall a positive experience. My Dealer was Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, Calif. My sales person was Joel C.

rogerq23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Country flag
Fronter Ford on Stevens Creek. The knew about the Cal. $1500 instant rebate and they knew about the fed credit. And just to add to that...my F150 is ruby red as well.
Ahh, that is the dealership I am working with, I am almost hitting the 1 month mark since they called me in for my reserved car. But apparently my car's charging port is defective and they had to send a part, and now someone from somewhere to fix it.

Still no news of when I will get it, I hope everything will turn out okay... Thanks for sharing!

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congratulations, you got a great looking FE. I also have a Rapid Red FE that I bought off the lot. They would not accept the x plan but paid MSRP. I am still very happy with the purchase. From what I see the FE's are hard to find in Rapid Red.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ahh, that is the dealership I am working with, I am almost hitting the 1 month mark since they called me in for my reserved car. But apparently my car's charging port is defective and they had to send a part, and now someone from somewhere to fix it.

Still no news of when I will get it, I hope everything will turn out okay... Thanks for sharing!
Funny you should say that. I still can't charge with the Ford charger with my 14-50 plug at home. I don't think it's the cars charge port. There is a well known problem, (see other post- like this one - https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/home-level-2-charger-issues.3656/page-52#post-159029. The 120v works fine, but it's not a long term solution.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congratulations, you got a great looking FE. I also have a Rapid Red FE that I bought off the lot. They would not accept the x plan but paid MSRP. I am still very happy with the purchase. From what I see the FE's are hard to find in Rapid Red.
Ton's of Premiums, but your right - Few FE's. I was looking for a Rapid Red in any configuration and just landed on a declined FE. First time I ever had good luck getting more than what I wanted.
Sponsored