Incentives around VA?

random_person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I haven't been able to find much if any. I don't think Dominion has incentives for home chargers, nor does the state have anything for EVs, minus HOV access for highways I don't even drive on. Does anyone know of anything?
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I haven't been able to find much if any. I don't think Dominion has incentives for home chargers, nor does the state have anything for EVs, minus HOV access for highways I don't even drive on. Does anyone know of anything?
I haven’t found any either. We’re with Rappahannock Electric, and they have no incentives. I think you’re at HOV access (if you pay for the clean special fuel plate up charge), but it gives you no benefit on the HOV express lanes. That’s literally it as far as I can tell.

Well, that and the feeling you’re doing something right for the world. Just try to forget that the majority of the electric in Virginia is still coal-powered. :rolleyes:

tminter4

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I have Dominion Power. If you have the smart meter and was able to sign up for their "off peak" plan. When you sign up for that you get discounted rates depending on the time of day. I can charge my car at night and it only runs me $.07 per kwh. I have not got my first bill yet but it seems to be a much cheaper rate than the regular rates.

OP
OP

random_person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I have Dominion Power. If you have the smart meter and was able to sign up for their "off peak" plan. When you sign up for that you get discounted rates depending on the time of day. I can charge my car at night and it only runs me $.07 per kwh. I have not got my first bill yet but it seems to be a much cheaper rate than the regular rates.
Yeah did that already.

MountainHomie

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD (Space White)
Country flag
Dominion is offering an incentive to buy two new EV chargers and the website says they will soon offer one for chargers already purchased. Smart meters and off-peak hours are in very limited areas; I'm in Massanutten and it's in the unbounded "future" category.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
AEP offers time-of-day billing for EV's, but you have to have a separate smart meter installed for the EV circuit. I do most of my electrical work myself, but they require that to be done by a licensed electrician and it has to be inspected, so not worth the cost of installing IMO.

They also don't have flush-mount meters, and require the EV meter to be "accessable" by them. It's really dumb for folks with EVSE's in their garage....

At some point in the future we'll be reno-ing the basement and garage and will have a new panel installed. Will probably take the opportunity then to put in the EV circuit meter then. Will be curious to see how they want to handle multiple EVSE's (We'll have three at that point).

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Not that this will help you being under Dominion Power, but for those who might check this thread and have Rappahannock Electric Cooperative, they've recently applied for whatever is needed to make off-peak charging rates for EV charging. I don't know when/if it will be approved, but their last magazine stated they had filed what was necessary.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
New tax rebate coming out in October, I believe.