Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Stromer ST-1, Cattrike, Mazda CX9
Occupation
Computer Geek
Country flag
My wife noted yet another sw update "success" (apparently a repeat of 4.2.1?). Unfortunately, just after noting that in quick succession:
  1. Shift system malfunction (not trying to get into Park, just powering up the car). Leaving it powered down for 5min, and then well over an hour didn't clear it.
  2. Could not get two different OBDII scanners (which have previously worked with the MachE) to connect (one is an old hardwired unit, so while I didn't expect to get much, I did expect to at least get it to connect;; the other is a modern Bluetooth... still works in other cars, like a 2012 Mazda).
  3. Taking it around the block (to see if it was driveable) was fine, but also produced a "backup braking assist unavailable" .. another message I've never seen before.
Anyone else seeing any weirdness since this last retransmission of 4.2.1?
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
1 - Might clear on its own??? This is the only one that I would be mildly concerned about.
2 - Strange, but could be other factors maybe?
3 - This is a common fault after updates. It clears on it's own.

OP
OP

khbkhb

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Geek
Country flag
Well, it didn't clear with an hour+ of downtime, nor after driving around the block. We'll see if it does better in the morning ... but that I can't connect to the ECM (to read the faults, or the clear them) is bonus disturbing. Admittedly, I. hadn't connected in a few months (no need to) so that's the one symptom that I can't be certain is fresh with the repeated update ... so I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this (or at least had 4.2.1 reinstalled for reasons best known to the Factory).

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Well, it didn't clear with an hour+ of downtime, nor after driving around the block. We'll see if it does better in the morning ... but that I can't connect to the ECM (to read the faults, or the clear them) is bonus disturbing. Admittedly, I. hadn't connected in a few months (no need to) so that's the one symptom that I can't be certain is fresh with the repeated update ... so I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this (or at least had 4.2.1 reinstalled for reasons best known to the Factory).
I've heard that sometimes OTA updates get some of the modules into somewhat odd states and that disconnecting the ground from the 12V battery, waiting 5-10 minutes, and then reconnecting it can help to get everything talking properly to each other. If that doesn't help, the next step would be to try charging the 12V battery - either by using a battery charger, or by driving the car for at least 30 minutes (longer would be better).

OP
OP

khbkhb

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Geek
Country flag
While I haven't disconnected the LVB (the factory made it a PITA to get to), that is a good idea.

OP
OP

khbkhb

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Geek
Country flag
That did clear the gear issue. The only remaining new warning is the reverse brake assist, but that isn't dire the way the gear shift is reported.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I live on a dirt road. When my sensors get dirty, I get the reverse brake assist warning...

OP
OP

khbkhb

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Geek
Country flag

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got 4.2.1 today and lost the radio sound. I am hoping after it sits for a bit and I redrive it that it comes back.

OP
OP

khbkhb

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Geek
Country flag
If not, try disconnecting the 12v battery for 10min.
Sponsored