Are GT owners getting the charge curve update?

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
First road trip with winter temps. Would love to speed up my charge times after completing it.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just the GT PE. At 80% the charge rate will jump to 350 kW but only for 5 seconds. ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So far, no cars have received this as a Power Up. It is currently part of a dealer-installed update.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This has been stated in a few threads...

The Job 1 vehicles, i.e. those made before June 18th, 2021, have a software update done at the dealership, which among other things provides an update to the charging curve.

In early 2022, the remaining vehicles (i.e. Job 2) will receive this update. Whether it will be by OTA update, or by a dealer update, is still unknown.

So yes, all 2021 Mach-Es will eventually see this update. People that have owned their vehicles longer get it first, which is as it should be.

OP
OP
locks66

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag

The Job 1 vehicles, i.e. those made before June 18th, 2021, have a software update done at the dealership, which among other things provides an update to the charging curve.

In early 2022, the remaining vehicles (i.e. Job 2) will receive this update. Whether it will be by OTA update, or by a dealer update, is still unknown.

So yes, all 2021 Mach-Es will eventually see this update. People that have owned their vehicles longer get it first, which is as it should be.
Thanks! I saw about when the updates were coming, but wasn't sure if it would hit the gts

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The GT's need to get something going... car & Driver just panned the GTPE pretty bad. ouch..

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag

If this ends up being a Dealer Update, how will we find out about it?
Sorry it sounds like a basic question but is it just "follow the forum" or does Ford send updates for Dealer Updates?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Sorry it sounds like a basic question but is it just "follow the forum" or does Ford send updates for Dealer Updates?
I've owned mine since 7/2. The only communication from Ford, to me, was for a recall AND they told me at the same time of a courtesy software update. I suspect that if the recall didn't exist, I would have been told nothing.

If you follow the forum, you will know things before your dealer does. That's especially true because the dealer has lots of personnel, and usually no one person reading each and every single notification from Ford. Often the Service Writers know nothing. That's why it's always good to verify when you make an appointment as to their awareness of what needs to be done, including an update that you know about. I happen to deal directly with the Service Manager, and I never want to be the first one to get any set of updates, so I ask that direct question.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
For the Customer Satisfaction Update for Job 1 cars that included the improved charging curve and bunch of other stuff, it was sent to customers when they sent another recall notice for windshield and/or pano roof. No one knows what they'll do with this one. It might turn into a bulletin, where if you complain about something related to it, they'll do it. Or it'll be OTA and the dealer would probably only do it if you kept getting "stuck" with the update completing. I'm hoping its OTA!

RDZ89

First Name
RICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME GT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
For the Customer Satisfaction Update for Job 1 cars that included the improved charging curve and bunch of other stuff, it was sent to customers when they sent another recall notice for windshield and/or pano roof. No one knows what they'll do with this one. It might turn into a bulletin, where if you complain about something related to it, they'll do it. Or it'll be OTA and the dealer would probably only do it if you kept getting "stuck" with the update completing. I'm hoping its OTA!
what dates are considered "job 1 cars"?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
what dates are considered "job 1 cars"?
Built like July 7, 2021 and earlier are Job 1. All cars after that are Job 2, and if your car has it, has BlueCruise already turned on and a working frunk button from the center console/Ford Pass app.
Sponsored