Interior cleaning

ThunderDome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME First Edition (Grabber Blue)
Country flag
I don’t want to take a chance with the synthetic leather - any recommendations for the best interior cleaning solutions for the door panels, seats, dash, etc?
Sponsored

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
I use Interior Protection by Chemical Guys. Its safe on everything and no smell. Im not sure how the synthetic leather works with cleaner yet (dont have my car haha) but will have to experiment

SEMacheE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Super Duty, 2021 Premium Mach-E x4
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I use Interior Protection by Chemical Guys. Its safe on everything and no smell. Im not sure how the synthetic leather works with cleaner yet (dont have my car haha) but will have to experiment
I use this stuff on my interior and it works great. I actually use a bunch of chemical guys stuff and all of it works pretty well.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
This is the one.

Have used that stuff for a while, on real and synthetic leather, and it works great. Great on plastics, glass, and pretty much everything inside the car. I keep a bottle in the trunk for quick clean-ups too.

OP
OP
ThunderDome

ThunderDome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME First Edition (Grabber Blue)
Country flag
This is the one.

Have used that stuff for a while, on real and synthetic leather, and it works great. Great on plastics, glass, and pretty much everything inside the car. I keep a bottle in the trunk for quick clean-ups too.
Seems pretty conclusive, appreciate the tip!

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I like the basic 303 aerospace automotive spray. Basic stuff that's pretty safe and adds a level of UV protectant. Not much though per Project Farm testing on Youtube.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I like the basic 303 aerospace automotive spray. Basic stuff that's pretty safe and adds a level of UV protectant.
I've always like Chemical Guys foam soap, but I've never really cared for their other products. I've always felt they were just "okay".

303 AeroSpace though makes some good stuff, although their sprayers kind of suck. I use their leather cleaner and conditioner on the MME and it works really well. They also sell stuff for the plastic pieces as well. For plastic bits, you just want to make sure you use a water based product, at least IMO.

Roger Richard

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Occupation
Civil Engineering Surveyor
Country flag
This is the one.

HI,

By using this product. Do you have any swirls on your dashboard? I presently use the Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner and have swilrs all over the place.

Thanks

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
HI,

By using this product. Do you have any swirls on your dashboard? I presently use the Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner and have swilrs all over the place.

Thanks
No swirls that I've ever encountered from using it. I apply it to a clean microfiber and wipe off all the surfaces in the the interior of the car. I follow up with another clean, dry, microfiber as well, especially on the screens and glass.

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Extended range
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
Is the interior in the Mach E unusually hard to clean or is it just me? I have used Gyeon Q²M Interior Cleaner in all my cars for a long time and loved it, best interior cleaner i have ever used. But in the Mach-E its really hard to wipe off the surfaces without leaving marks. Especially on the soft vinyl on the doors and the area around the shifter it seems.

Going to have to try the ChemicalGuys cleaner and see if it works better.

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Yes I’m not s huge fan of all their products, but the Chemical Guys cleaner (yellow liquid) I can get at autozone has been the best interior cleaner I’ve ever used. It’s very very matte, leaving nothing visible, and nothing on the surface to attract dust. The next day when I get in the car it smells amazing. I do not like scented items. It’s an extremely mild “new car” smell I can’t exactly describe but more natural smelling. Almost like how mold carnauba can be. It just smells clean and new like I just purchased the car. I’ve used it on every surface except glass and I always use it with a fresh microfiber cloth.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Is the interior in the Mach E unusually hard to clean or is it just me? I have used Gyeon Q²M Interior Cleaner in all my cars for a long time and loved it, best interior cleaner i have ever used. But in the Mach-E its really hard to wipe off the surfaces without leaving marks. Especially on the soft vinyl on the doors and the area around the shifter it seems.

Going to have to try the ChemicalGuys cleaner and see if it works better.
I’m also using chemical guys total interior detailer and protectant. Even saw it at WalMart yesterday.

Interior cleaner

I get streaks when wiping but they go away when the product finishes drying. Takes all my oily fingerprints off the soft vinyl Of the door really well. Also does fine on the seats, dash, steering wheel, etc.
I get streaks when wiping but they go away when the product finishes drying. Takes all my oily fingerprints off the soft vinyl Of the door really well. Also does fine on the seats, dash, steering wheel, etc.

I don’t know if is the fact that I’ve started using Chemical Guys products or the materials in the mach-e, but this is the easiest time I’ve had keeping a car clean.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Am I the only one who just uses mild soap and water? I use a dry microfiber cloth for all polishing and dust removal. Basic glass cleaning wipes for the glass, when needed. Never leaves any smells or residue behind.

I’ve managed to keep the new car smell for years in other cars using that method and the materials in the car never showed any signs of damage. My last 4 cars have all been Subarus that also have synthetic leather so the materials are similar. I just hate the smells of synthetic cleaners and the basic soap and water has worked super well.
Sponsored