Interior Gun Safe

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I either dump mine in the armrest (in a holster of course) or under the back floor depending on where I go. 90% of the time I don't leave it in the car. I do have a small safe that I can cable to the seat if I need to. My family knows what I do with my guns so they know where it is and to look carefully..... I do always bring my guns in for the night and never leave them in the car.

It's also wise to know local and non local laws if you travel...

Junior Rifle Coach
NRA Rifle instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
Vara safe reach 2s

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
My preferred firearm is an Ithaca MAG-10, which is 54” overall so it won’t fit in most long gun bags. It won’t fit in the Mach-E with the rear seats up. ?

I put the 26” barrel on it to hunt upland.
Longarm preference here.

Not as large as your 10ga, but I carry the Remington Police 11-87 12ga autoloader w/18" barrel.

Much easier to carry that legally in CA than a handgun IMO.

Reactions: SWO

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Longarm preference here.

Not as large as your 10ga, but I carry the Remington Police 11-87 12ga autoloader w/18" barrel.

Much easier to carry that legally in CA than a handgun IMO.
Heh, I also have an 11-87. It’s a Custom Shop Premier gun with high-grade trap-style stocks, Timney Trigger, over-bored barrel, long forcing cone, and extra-long chokes. It’s not as heavy as the Ithaca (that thing is 15 pounds), but at 11 pounds, most guys hate it. 🤪🐩

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I keep mine in the back

0D5F75F6-1C9F-4C4F-BE2F-EE2B4E5646BA.jpeg
The few gun owners I know transport their guns in locked gun cases. I think they might view this as careless when it comes to proper caring for and storage of guns.
After hearing some of our ER docs, guns terrify me even more. Of course, lions also scare me 😀

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior Gun Safe 291496314_433388128697588_5161200903720746329_n

We've lost so much of our old technology. ;)
Pretty sure Ford would have subbed out all the fun bits to companies like Lockheed Martin and Raytheon since that was a government project.
(And the fun part of the technology had improved a bit from the late 1950s 😀)

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
At first I saw a lock box, in the trunk, under the 'cover' held by a cable. And I thought to my self, What? Then noticed they were in LA. OHHHH man I couldn't deal with the stupidity of laws there.

I'm not thrilled with mine in the slidey cover center console that isn't all that easy to get to in a hurry. I previously built a bracket for under the seat in most of my other cars and a soft holster with a clip that locked onto the bracket. The Easy entry/exit just exposes the piece if left so I stopped using that. Havn't worked up a bracket for the MME yet but it's coming. Usually for a VP9 or Sar9. Kydex worked previously but I learned the hard way if I had to hammer the brakes I was hit in the back of the ankle with a pistol. Carried un-chambered because I don't need it accidentally going off and blowing up the battery pack like a Tesla owner.
Sponsored