Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
so.. is this supposed to mean the SR has 250 mi range (189/.75 = 252)?

Or is the range of ER at constant 65mph 252?

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
so.. is this supposed to mean the SR has 250 mi range (189/.75 = 252)?

Or is the range of ER at constant 65mph 252?
He talked about that in the comments on the post. No idea which car this is.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
He talked about that in the comments on the post. No idea which car this is.
Hmm, didn't look at the comments before. From his statement, I would guess the latter...

As an aside, I like him less and less the more he opens his condescending mouth.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Hmm, didn't look at the comments before. From his statement, I would guess the latter...

As an aside, I like him less and less the more he opens his condescending mouth.
I didn’t see anything condescending. He was politely answering a load of questions I’m sure he’s seen before and did not ask for.
If you dislike him that much you could always unfollow

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
I hope you can turn the graphics off! I want a still viewing area, but still be able to use all drive modes.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I didn’t see anything condescending. He was politely answering a load of questions I’m sure he’s seen before and did not ask for.
If you dislike him that much you could always unfollow
maybe I was just in a bad mood when I read it last night, or maybe I am getting tired of cutesy reveals instead of something useful. We've seen plenty on the dashboard startup graphics and now the driving graphics, but nothing substantive like the actual range, charging costs for fordpass at EA, etc. I get that they have to wait for EPA testing to specify exact range, but at least they could talk about their expectations. They should also be able to tell us more on charging prices by now or give official word on the ETA of dealer demos.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I hope you can turn the graphics off! I want a still viewing area, but still be able to use all drive modes.
agreed. on a long drive that distraction would get annoying.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
maybe I was just in a bad mood when I read it last night, or maybe I am getting tired of cutesy reveals instead of something useful. We've seen plenty on the dashboard startup graphics and now the driving graphics, but nothing substantive like the actual range, charging costs for fordpass at EA, etc. I get that they have to wait for EPA testing to specify exact range, but at least they could talk about their expectations. They should also be able to tell us more on charging prices by now or give official word on the ETA of dealer demos.
The problem with both these forums Tim is that they're filled with the most dedicated MME owners to be. We're not really a representative sampling of the overall MME order holders. Ford has to deal with a variety of owner types, most of whom aren't as well informed as we might be. Thus the less nitty-gritty and detail-oriented reveals.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The problem with both these forums Tim is that they're filled with the most dedicated MME owners to be. We're not really a representative sampling of the overall MME order holders. Ford has to deal with a variety of owner types, most of whom aren't as well informed as we might be. Thus the less nitty-gritty and detail-oriented reveals.
Yes, that's true - but it feels like they're just trying to fill "dead air" by talking about trivial things. Back in December/January they seemed to be harping on the frunk having a drain plug - which is nice but not my number one concern when buying a car. Now they're talking about "engineered sounds" and cutesy onscreen graphics - again not overly compelling. If they start talking about cupholders next I'm going to scream.

Darren Palmer likes to talk about the car being aspirational - wavy blue graphics ain't gonna make me aspire to own the thing. I am a mustang owner, and I want to know the thing is deserving of the name - the stock car, not a souped up one-off Frankenstein. Show the GT prototype racing its brethren, or at least kicking the ass of other BEVs.

If you can't do that, how about you pique our curiosity by letting us actually SEE the thing in person? The cancelling of auto shows is of course not their fault, but they certainly could take some of the apparently many prototypes on the road here in the US to try to drum up interest like they did in the netherlands. Publicize the tour and make people sign up for timed spots to compensate for covid, or if that's too complicated at least tell us a more specific estimate of when the demos hit the dealerships.

Rob71

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Don't forget that normally the first cars would have been delivered already. Ford targeted to start production in june somewhere. The whole marketing campaign was aligned with this deadline off course. Now they have 4 months extra time to fill, but not yet much more to tell. I don't blame them.

It's what it is. At least they try to keep us engaged.

Kind regards
Rob

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If they start talking about cupholders next I'm going to scream.
Wait?! The Mustang Mach-e has cup holders?! We need to see this!. I bet they make a "swoosh" sound when deployed!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, that's true - but it feels like they're just trying to fill "dead air" by talking about trivial things. Back in December/January they seemed to be harping on the frunk having a drain plug - which is nice but not my number one concern when buying a car. Now they're talking about "engineered sounds" and cutesy onscreen graphics - again not overly compelling. If they start talking about cupholders next I'm going to scream.

Darren Palmer likes to talk about the car being aspirational - wavy blue graphics ain't gonna make me aspire to own the thing. I am a mustang owner, and I want to know the thing is deserving of the name - the stock car, not a souped up one-off Frankenstein. Show the GT prototype racing its brethren, or at least kicking the ass of other BEVs.

If you can't do that, how about you pique our curiosity by letting us actually SEE the thing in person? The cancelling of auto shows is of course not their fault, but they certainly could take some of the apparently many prototypes on the road here in the US to try to drum up interest like they did in the netherlands. Publicize the tour and make people sign up for timed spots to compensate for covid, or if that's too complicated at least tell us a more specific estimate of when the demos hit the dealerships.
I certainly wouldn't mind if the engineers driving across country to test them would stop in at the occasional dealership for folks to look at up close.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Wait?! The Mustang Mach-e has cup holders?! We need to see this!. I bet they make a "swoosh" sound when deployed!
You missed the part about the magnetically levitating cup holders? It's on page 55 of the Dealer Training Manual.
Sponsored