Is delivery time in California different?

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I am from San Diego. Mine was shipped on 10/8 and looks like it reached to Kansas city today after two weeks. Next step is to unload and get into truck to San Diego. It is definitely more than 2 weeks. Hoping to get it delivered before Nov 1st as Clean Fuel Reward($1500) will be cut into half($750) after Nov 1st sales.
My dealer told me that it is possible to close the deal 1 week before your car arrives.....
Sponsored

susmiths

First Name
Susmith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RR AWD
Country flag
Thats helpful info.. I already got a mail from Ford to complete purchase. Will wait for one more week checking on status. If it still takes time will try that option from dealer. By the way who is your dealer?

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
- dealer honors AZX discounts only on certain models and Mach E is not included.
FYI, that is against Ford policies. Dealers are supposed to either accept it for all vehicles or none.

As one point of reference, my car took 31 days from shipping date to arrival at the dealer in Encinitas.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
FYI, that is against Ford policies. Dealers are supposed to either accept it for all vehicles or none.

As one point of reference, my car took 31 days from shipping date to arrival at the dealer in Encinitas.
JJ, you mention it is against Ford policies. Can you provide some source for this? Already getting some bad juju with my dealer and X Plan. Would love to go in prepared.

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
JJ, you mention it is against Ford policies. Can you provide some source for this? Already getting some bad juju with my dealer and X Plan. Would love to go in prepared.
Good point, I am only parroting what I've read elsewhere on this forum. I have no official source.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag

At least they are straightforward about their policy........

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Read the plan rules and the FAQ.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/howitworks/how_it_works.do

I've read them. I don't see anything to substantiate the claim often echoed on the forum that a dealer must accept X-plan on all eligible vehicles if they accept it on any one of them. It is up to the dealer.

This is why it's important to mention that you're an X-plan buyer on your first contact with the dealer, and to obtain in writing that they'll accept X-plan on your purchase of vehicle XYZ.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
I'm in SoCal. My dealer insists that it will take 2 weeks for the car to arrive.
I saw another post from the guy from San Diego that got similar delivery time estimation.
But everybody else on the forum tells completely different story........
I don't understand where this discrepancy is coming from.....
It took my car roughly 6 weeks to ship from Mexico City --> Kansas City --> dealership (Tuttle Click Irvine). This was back in June with an arrival mid July.

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am from San Diego. Mine was shipped on 10/8 and looks like it reached to Kansas city today after two weeks. Next step is to unload and get into truck to San Diego. It is definitely more than 2 weeks. Hoping to get it delivered before Nov 1st as Clean Fuel Reward($1500) will be cut into half($750) after Nov 1st sales.
Have a friend in Chula Vista, and I tracked his GTPE. Took 2 weeks to Kansas City, then indicated ramp transfer there quickly, BUT took 3.5 week to get to his dealer! Arrived Monday, Oct 18.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
My timeline was:
-- built 9/11
-- shipped 9/14
-- arrived KC 9/28
-- left KC to NorCal (Richmond) 9/29
-- stopped at an "intermediate point" outside of KC 10/3-10/11
-- arrived Port of Richmond 10/15
-- took delivery 10/22 (week to get a transporter to dealer from the railyard)

It appeared to me from tracking the train from KC that SoCal would take about 1 day less. Note my car was stuck an extra week before heading west, and it took a week to find a truck to haul my car to the dealer from the train, so conceivably you could shave 1-2 weeks off these milestones if things align a little better.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Read the plan rules and the FAQ.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/howitworks/how_it_works.do

I've read them. I don't see anything to substantiate the claim often echoed on the forum that a dealer must accept X-plan on all eligible vehicles if they accept it on any one of them. It is up to the dealer.

This is why it's important to mention that you're an X-plan buyer on your first contact with the dealer, and to obtain in writing that they'll accept X-plan on your purchase of vehicle XYZ.
I had X-Plan regret from my dealer, who tried to not accept it after they told me via email they would. I was able to interest senior folks at Ford, who told me that the dealer can decide whether to accept X-Plan on a car-by-car basis without consequence.

TLDR: get everything about your deal in writing with your dealer BEFORE placing the order (email is fine if they clearly answer what you confirm the deal on the car to be). If you don't do this before you place the order, you really have little recourse.

Additionally, I decided to place a second order at a second dealer as a "backup" plan, since the second dealer confirmed the whole deal as well as confirming the deposit was fully refundable.

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
My GTPE timeline is in my sig, but basically a month from "Built" to me taking delivery on the day it arrived at the dealer.

Dealer had no problems with x-plan when I first ordered the car in April, but the finance guy tried telling me that every single Ford dealer is not accepting x-plan on anything. I called that a lie and he asked me how I would know. "I talk to thousands of Mach-e owners and soon to be owners every day. If I had been told you would back out of the x-plan before the car shipped then I would have had it sent down the street to where they are honoring x-plan." They honored the x-plan.

They also tried their absolute best to stop me from using Ford Options.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I'm guessing that it's 2 weeks from KC to SoCal. It takes apx. 2 weeks from Cuautitlàn to KC. I hear it's 2-1/2 to 3 weeks from KC to Richmond, CA (because it goes through SoCal first).

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
The past 5-6 orders have been taking roughly 2-3 weeks from date marked as shipped from Mexico. I am in NorCal so cars have to arrive in Richmond by rail then trucked to our dealership which is about an hour away.

It does take some time:
Rail cars have to be full for them to be hooked up and taken to KC.
In KC they are unloaded and loaded to another rail car/ on the back of a truck
Depending on where its going you have the rail time there as well

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag