Is this loud click normal?

cp4ige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
Forgive me if I am an idiot.

I haven’t used my rear wiper sprayer in months. I went to use it today, and it makes a loud click each time I spray. I don’t remember noticing it that loudly before. Is the loud click coming from the front left pillar/area normal?

Thanks!

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Doesn't sound normal

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The hose for the rear does run up the left a-pillar and above drivers door, maybe the hose has come loose from a clip in a-pillar and is banging around when pressure is applied

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Nope, no recall repairs done. I don’t have the glass roof either.
Yeah the hose must have come loose from a clip in the A pillar or something. Have the dealer fix it.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I appreciate the video. I never knew how the rear sprayer worked. Too lazy to google it or read the manual. 😂

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
My car does not make these noises and I agree it sounds like hose slap... but why?

Is it above freezing? Is it possible the hose is clogged with ice?
If you hold down the switch, does spray eventually come out of the sprayer in the back? If not, again is the line frozen?

OP
OP

cp4ige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
My car does not make these noises and I agree it sounds like hose slap... but why?

Is it above freezing? Is it possible the hose is clogged with ice?
If you hold down the switch, does spray eventually come out of the sprayer in the back? If not, again is the line frozen?
It’s usually pretty warm here off and on, but it hasn’t gone below 50 degrees. Like I said I hadn’t messed with the rear sprayer in months until today and I get that loud knocking. When the lever is engaged, the spray comes out normal and full force. Beats me!

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
It’s usually pretty warm here off and on, but it hasn’t gone below 50 degrees. Like I said I hadn’t messed with the rear sprayer in months until today and I get that loud knocking. When the lever is engaged, the spray comes out normal and full force. Beats me!
If it's just hose slap, it will be the easiest fix the tech at the dealership ever does.

At the same time, it may be because it is so quiet in the car, but I don't hear the relay click in my car... the stereo is usually too loud :)

OP
OP

cp4ige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
If it's just hose slap, it will be the easiest fix the tech at the dealership ever does.

At the same time, it may be because it is so quiet in the car, but I don't hear the relay click in my car... the stereo is usually too loud :)
Worrrd it would be nice to have an easy fix for sure.

it almost makes me wonder if this was always present and I couldn’t tell because of blasting my music.
Sponsored