It's anniversary time!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I gotta as is this the infinite blue? It looks so different in each picture. It's what I wanted to or der before they disappeared it from the website :-(
Gotta be…looks just like mine!
It is infinite blue. Great color.

In the first picture the car is very clean (I had just washed it the day before), it’s a bright clear morning here (as most are) and the sun is to the right side of the picture and off and slightly behind my right shoulder. The car appears lighter in the sun and dark in the shaded part (right side of the car)

The second picture is at the dealer in Hilo. Hilo has more rain than any other city in the United States. It was overcast, because Hilo. No sun to show mid afternoon highlights.

The third picture was set up to capture the sunset. I was shooting into a setting sun and although the sun had just dipped below the horizon, the ambient light still silhouettes the car making it appear far darker.
Sponsored

Last edited:

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Happy Anniversary!

I completely forgot I missed mine on Sunday February, 6th, until Google's photo memories reminded me. I'll hijack your thread to post my own memories... sorry in advance for the pic spam.

Still very happy with my Mach-E. Every day I drive it (I share my commute between her and my i3) it's just as fun as the first drive! I've put on about 12,000miles in this year. Which I'm very happy about, since I'm able to split my 100mile round-trip commute between my Mach-E and my i3 (used to put at least 25K on my cars per year).

Only major issue was the front half-shaft, which my dealership very quickly diagnosed and replaced. Few software hiccups every now and again, but nothing major.

Here's Saphira the morning after she got delivered (she was delivered on a Friday night to their "receiving lot").

1644507401658.png

I remember anxiously checking the trackers every hour back then. I had a few drinks the night of the 6th and it was around 10PM when I saw it update to delivered. I actually got my partner to drive us to the dealership that night to see if we could see her, but wasn't aware they had a separate gated area for night receipts... Texted my salesperson letting them know I'd be there as soon as they open that morning. ?

Got Xpel PPF applied to the whole front end shortly after delivery:

1644507935373.png

It's been a great year with her! First DC charging stop on first road trip up to DC area (March 2021):

1644507776091.png

First time realizing just how much she could haul (from IKEA, of course!):

1644507818049.png

First time seeing another e-pony in the wild was June of '21 in Downtown Roanoke:

1644508010286.png

Khaleesi (my Malchi) testing out the rear doggie cover for a trip to Delaware:

1644508073290.png

She had a great time on the trip and enjoyed her rear seat relaxation spot!

1644508149881.png

And obligatory beach pic (she's loves the ocean!):

1644508223880.png

1644508289046.png

Also had my first pony partner charging in Delaware!

1644508318114.png
Congrats on your anniversary. How does the ride compare to your i3? That's the Beamer, right?

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
While some of you are still awaiting your ponies, some of us have hit our one year anniversary. Let's celebrate the anniversaries with good news stories.

Marlin was delivered one year ago yesterday.
Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 3.25.22 PM.png

Over 14,000 miles
IMG_9841.jpeg

Some highlights:
  • Two trips to FL, one to NY, one to Indiana, several shorter ones.
  • A Mustang Show
  • Changed lots of minds at the Mustang Club of Maryland
  • Lead car in EV group at Poolesville (MD) Day Parade (largest National Drive Electric Week event in the country)
  • Multiple EV events
  • No serious car performance issues since the first month (there was a little LVB issue that resulted in a TSB that first month)
  • Looks great after full front-end body work (result of a flying retread), although it was the hard way to get a front plate holder delete
  • Looking forward to BlueCruise (soon please)
Ready for year two and delivery of my Lightning!
  • Looking forward to BlueCruise (soon please) Two months ;)

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Congrats on your anniversary. How does the ride compare to your i3? That's the Beamer, right?
Thanks!

Ride and driving dynamics between my Mach-E and i3 (yeap, it's the BMW!) are night and day different. The Mach-E is VERY planted. You can feel how heavy it is. It's got a bit more "bounce" over holes/etc. Plus it's pretty darn quick (no GT, but still...).

The i3 on the other hand feels like you're propelling a feather down the road. You can feel all the divets and potholes, plus any breeze that may be rolling through. I actually added spacers to the wheels, and used the same rear tires on the front to achieve some better "stability". (Note: Most of my driving is highway). The i3 is MUCH more suited to city driving, where-as the Mach-E excels at both highway and city driving.

That's not to say the i3 isn't enjoyable, but it isn't my preference. Thus, I'm actually working on getting it sold, to be replaced with a Mini Cooper SE. (I like having two vehicles... it makes my commute more exciting switching it up every other day, and allows me to keep the Mach-E garaged in bad weather, because I baby the hell out of it!)

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Thanks!

Ride and driving dynamics between my Mach-E and i3 (yeap, it's the BMW!) are night and day different. The Mach-E is VERY planted. You can feel how heavy it is. It's got a bit more "bounce" over holes/etc. Plus it's pretty darn quick (no GT, but still...).

The i3 on the other hand feels like you're propelling a feather down the road. You can feel all the divets and potholes, plus any breeze that may be rolling through. I actually added spacers to the wheels, and used the same rear tires on the front to achieve some better "stability". (Note: Most of my driving is highway). The i3 is MUCH more suited to city driving, where-as the Mach-E excels at both highway and city driving.

That's not to say the i3 isn't enjoyable, but it isn't my preference. Thus, I'm actually working on getting it sold, to be replaced with a Mini Cooper SE. (I like having two vehicles... it makes my commute more exciting switching it up every other day, and allows me to keep the Mach-E garaged in bad weather, because I baby the hell out of it!)
Thing I learned. I thought the i3 would be whisper smooth, because it is a BMW!
I guess it doesn’t have air suspension.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm coming up on 1 year also (Feb 25th).
One long-ish trip to Texas and back. 650 miles each way.
Several shorter "trips" that required a DCFC. I still have about 220KWH remaining of the original 500 gratis.
A cracked pano roof was the only major issue - handled well by my dealer.
About 8600 miles on the odo.
Really enjoying this car.

Does "Ready for....delivery of my Lightning" mean you've been able to place your order? If so, congrats! I'm sitting (im)patiently on my reservation waiting for the invitation to order.
Yes. I converted my Lightning reservation to an order in Wave 2.

Last edited:

Joelalt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Picked up my Rapid Red Premium AWD on February 12th last year. Just passed the 12K mark this week. We're in MD and have taken a few shortish trips to western NY, Connecticut, and to Southern Virginia. Absolutely love this vehicle. Aside from the typical softwear/electronics issues (which have been minor) it has been a wonderful experience. I too am looking forward to BlueCruise and a frunk release from my phone.
Ford Mustang Mach-E It's anniversary time! 20210212_123518

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E It's anniversary time! 18CE7962-EB49-4B57-9571-9E5DFF7BB101

Today is also my Mach-E’s one year purchase anniversary.

5,000 trouble-free miles later, I’m very glad I made the reservation after seeing the reveal in November 2019, then went through with the purchase in February 2021. If it weren’t for WFH during the pandemic, I’d have many more miles on the odometer at this point.

Looking forward to enjoying this car for some time to come!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Picked up my Rapid Red Premium AWD on February 12th last year. Just passed the 12K mark this week. We're in MD and have taken a few shortish trips to western NY, Connecticut, and to Southern Virginia. Absolutely love this vehicle. Aside from the typical softwear/electronics issues (which have been minor) it has been a wonderful experience. I too am looking forward to BlueCruise and a frunk release from my phone.
Ford Mustang Mach-E It's anniversary time! 18CE7962-EB49-4B57-9571-9E5DFF7BB101
Congratulations on the new Mach-E! That smile says it all, so glad to hear you love it!

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Just rolled it over 7000 miles right after this picture was taken (This past Saturday). Yes, that’s winter in upcountry Hawaii. It’s brutally mild.

Ford Mustang Mach-E It's anniversary time! Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.00.15 AM
Sunset in upcountry Hawaii.

'brutally mild'.... love it

I am ALMOST at 1 year, and just hit 10,000. I posted my 'Owner's report' in that thread, but the highlights for me have been that the MME does what I expected it to, with only a few mechanical/software issues (which I also expected in a 1st year vehicle).

20220204_newPlugsIn.jpg

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install