Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic
Occupation
Utility Arborist
Country flag
I’m at 55k and today I noticed some pooling of oil on my garage floor. We’re all electric, so the culprit has to be my MME (it parks at the same spot). After looking around I noticed the underbelly material was darker in a certain area, but not wet of oil (dried look). I turned my wheels a hard left and right, that’s when I noticed on the passenger around the axle it is wet of grease/oil residue. Looks like it’s been leaking awhile because there is oil residue on other components behind the differential. About 30k ago I had the axle clicking and things were so new the techs didn’t think the axles were bad, and Ford replaced the front motor. Turned out that the motor wasn’t the issue and the axles were faulty. It’s been solid ever sense. Going to take it in to get this leak looked at. At 55k, overall it’s been a fantastic car. Ford has always taken care any issues it’s had. Just thought I’d share this with you all. Here is a pic of the leaking area.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Leaking axle seal IMG_9265
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I’m at 55k and today I noticed some pooling of oil on my garage floor. We’re all electric, so the culprit has to be my MME (it parks at the same spot). After looking around I noticed the underbelly material was darker in a certain area, but not wet of oil (dried look). I turned my wheels a hard left and right, that’s when I noticed on the passenger around the axle it is wet of grease/oil residue. Looks like it’s been leaking awhile because there is oil residue on other components behind the differential. About 30k ago I had the axle clicking and things were so new the techs didn’t think the axles were bad, and Ford replaced the front motor. Turned out that the motor wasn’t the issue and the axles were faulty. It’s been solid ever sense. Going to take it in to get this leak looked at. At 55k, overall it’s been a fantastic car. Ford has always taken care any issues it’s had. Just thought I’d share this with you all. Here is a pic of the leaking area.
Good morning! I would like to take a closer look at this leak issues on my end. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer?

OP
OP
jrdelong1043

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic
Occupation
Utility Arborist
Country flag
Good morning! I would like to take a closer look at this leak issues on my end. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer?
Thanks, I’ll send it!
Sponsored