bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Just curious what's the percentage of leasing and financing here? I was thinking about financing, now probably change mind. I probably can get one with 50% more range in 4 years.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Just curious what's the percentage of leasing and financing here? I was thinking about financing, now probably change mind. I probably can get one with 50% more range in 4 years.
Lease, do roo many kms to finance

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I will be buying mine. My commute is 42 miles each way. There's no way I can fit in a lease, plus I hate the idea of renting a car

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I will be buying mine. My commute is 42 miles each way. There's no way I can fit in a lease, plus I hate the idea of renting a car
I'm in the same boat, 50mile one way commute, but I'm entertaining the Ford Options plan depending on final numbers factoring in my extra mileage.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Purchase. My daily driver gets about 25,000 miles of use per year.

OP
OP

bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I also hate renting, but still debating leasing or financing, I usually put 16k miles a year, financing makes more sense.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The options plan has incentives right now ($2500 in NJ), whereas Ford financing does not. I plan to do the options plan up front, and if resale value/performance/range are still good at the end I'll refinance and buy it out. Running the numbers, it comes out about even with the incentive cash from Ford.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The options plan has incentives right now ($2500 in NJ), whereas Ford financing does not. I plan to do the options plan up front, and if resale value/performance/range are still good at the end I'll refinance and buy it out. Running the numbers, it comes out about even with the incentive cash from Ford.
Waiting to see what rates they actually will offer.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
I might be mistaken, but if you lease Mach E, you won't be able to use X-Pricing. I think it only applies if you use Ford's financing. But, please correct me if I am wrong

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I might be mistaken, but if you lease Mach E, you won't be able to use X-Pricing. I think it only applies if you use Ford's financing. But, please correct me if I am wrong
Ford doesn't currently have a lease, they have an "options plan" which is a loan with a balloon payment at the end. It is "lease like" in that at the end of the loan you can return the car, refinance the ballon, or if there's equity return the car and roll the equity into another car.

Even if it was a lease, the X-plan is a discount off of MSRP and unrelated to financing

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Ford doesn't currently have a lease, they have an "options plan" which is a loan with a balloon payment at the end. It is "lease like" in that at the end of the loan you can return the car, refinance the ballon, or if there's equity return the car and roll the equity into another car.

Even if it was a lease, the X-plan is a discount off of MSRP and unrelated to financing
We don't know if this applies everywhere yet. We have to wait for the cars to get into dealers hands before we find out the real details

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
We don't know if this applies everywhere yet. We have to wait for the cars to get into dealers hands before we find out the real details
Thus my use of: "Ford doesn't currently have a lease"

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag

Yeah, just checked the rules of X-plan, doesn't seem to be a connection between eligibility and financing. I wonder where did I see that relation and what it was about :)

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I'd expect these to end up being the same. While there won't be a significant difference between the two -- you can always buy the car at the end of the period -- I'm planning on leasing/options. I look at it as a trouble free three year long test drive. LOL If at the end of three years you like the car you can buy it. If you don't or are attracted by a nice new spiffy version, you can turn it in.

The only downside IMO is you lose the ability to time your purchase.

Some people are in special situations. If I drove 25K miles a year I'd probably buy.
Sponsored