Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
So it's pretty clear that the Mach-E should be left plugged in when it is really hot outside from the above discussion. Does anyone know though what exactly happens when the Mach-E is plugged in and done charging?

To take a common example, let's say you set a max charge of 90%. The Mach-E hits 90%. You don't unplug. Some time passes and now it is 100 degrees outside and the Mach-E is cooking in the sun.

Does anyone know or have an educated guess of what systems will turn on and what their power draw is?

I assume the Mach-E also wouldn't just be ping ponging between decreasing 1% battery charge based on the power draw of this system, the EVSE coming back on for a few minutes, the battery reaching the max set charge, the EVSE shutting off, the battery cooling using energy and again dropping the battery down by 1%, the EVSE coming back on to charge, etc., several times an hour.

Or perhaps would the Mach-E charger be able to throttle itself when close to max set charge to just slightly draw power as the active battery cooling stays on so the EVSE sort of stays on in a low power active mode if the Mach-E is really hot and wants to cool itself after the set max charge is reached?
I have the ChargePoint Home Flex installed in my garage. When the MME hits its target charge it drops down to nothing, or near nothing until it comes up on its preconditioning time. The Ford app send me a notification that it’s done and the. About 5 minutes later the ChargePoint app notifies me that the car is charged or is drawing very little power. The graph in the charge point app shows the power usage drop to near nothing.
Sponsored