jtjohn

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
So I just brought home my MME. I had a Tesla on a 240V outlet with a Juice Box Pro 40 (older generation). I have never had an issue charging the Tesla at home. When I plugged in the MME to the Juice Box Pro 40, I got a Plugged In Not Charging on the Ford app. After about an hour, it did not add any charge. I thought maybe it was the older generation of the Juice Box Pro so I took that off the wall and unplugged it. I then tried the Ford charger on the 240V outlet and it also says Plugged In Not Charging. The light on the Ford Charger is blue (steady) and the MME charge port is not lit up (just when I plug it in, the ring is about 3/4 blue but then the LEDs turn off).
This should not be difficult. Any idea what the issue may be?

Thanks,
Brad
So I just brought home my MME. I had a Tesla on a 240V outlet with a Juice Box Pro 40 (older generation). I have never had an issue charging the Tesla at home. When I plugged in the MME to the Juice Box Pro 40, I got a Plugged In Not Charging on the Ford app. After about an hour, it did not add any charge. I thought maybe it was the older generation of the Juice Box Pro so I took that off the wall and unplugged it. I then tried the Ford charger on the 240V outlet and it also says Plugged In Not Charging. The light on the Ford Charger is blue (steady) and the MME charge port is not lit up (just when I plug it in, the ring is about 3/4 blue but then the LEDs turn off).

Thanks,
Brad
I have the same issue. Had electrician check the NEMA14-50 outlet and no fault. Do not know what's up.
Sponsored

jtjohn

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
I have the same issue. Had electrician check the NEMA14-50 outlet and no fault. Do not know what's up. MME charges on Tesla friends outlet and trickle charge at my home - just not using the 240 V 50 amp power. ;-(

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
It doesn’t sound like the same issue that I had, but I had set charging times through the week and set anytime for the weekends. I found the car would not charge on the anytime setting and I had to set a weekend time as well. I just set it to 12am-11pm.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Thanks,
Brad
So the suspense is killing me...What was the solution? Mine is doing the same thing.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So the suspense is killing me...What was the solution? Mine is doing the same thing.
Ford has a software fix for the 250V charge issue that Chicagoland area customers have been experiencing. They need to bring their vehicles to dealers for the installations.

What are the symptoms you're experiencing, exactly? (Light colors, flashing, etc etc.) Which charger(s) have you tried?

OP
OP
Brademcee

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Ford has a software fix for the 250V charge issue that Chicagoland area customers have been experiencing. They need to bring their vehicles to dealers for the installations.

What are the symptoms you're experiencing, exactly? (Light colors, flashing, etc etc.) Which charger(s) have you tried?
Sorry, most of us are using another thread (Home 240V Charging Issues). Ford just released the update to dealers. My car was one of the first ones to get it. I got my car back earlier in the week and I am not having the issue any longer. You should contact your dealer and schedule to bring your car in so they can apply the software updates to your modules. This is NOT an OTA and the dealer must do the updates. It takes about 3 hours. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Paddy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lincoln PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Thanks,
Brad
FYI
I have been working through a big charging problem with our 2021 Lincoln Corsair GT PHEV. It has never been able to Level 2 charge at home. Our dealer declared he could Level 2 charge in his service department so it was our problem. We opened a case with Lincoln Corporate over this. They also blamed our electrician but decided to pay a second Tesla certified electrician to check things out. After trying the Lincoln Webasto Level 2 charger and a new Juice Box Level 2 charging station to no avail, the electrician brought his boss's 2021 Tesla S to our home to see if it could charge from our 240VAC and their Juice Box charging station. It charged perfectly.

The boss came with the car, he is Tesla, Clipper Creek and Juice Box certified. He said he has seen this issue with several Mach-e charging station installs that his company put in. Exlon/Commonwealth Edison Residential 240VAC service can vary and ours measured 256VAC. The Mach-e, Corsair and Aviator all shutdown charging when the input voltage is that high. The reason charging works at the dealer's location is because Exlon/Commonwealth Edison Commercial 240VAC service is more controlled and is typically 208VAC. The Tesla S accepts a wider range of 240VAC than the Ford products so works just fine.
Sponsored