LESS range anxiety with my Mach-E

aporzio1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT
Country flag
Anyone else feel like they care less about how far a trip is since going EV? I had a V8 Mustang before this and I remember when I would think about how a 40 Mile trip is like $10 in gas and dread going versus now I don't really care since I just charge at home all the time.
Sponsored

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm pretty much over range anxiety. My MME predicts range pretty accurately.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I am still acutely aware of range for the majority of trips I take since there is little to no DCFC available in middle Georgia.

The most common place we drive is to visit my wife's brother and his family who live in the middle of middle of nowhere. The closest DCFC is out of the way either going or coming.

I make due with a level 2 charger that is 10 miles away at a college and level 1 at his house but it is not ideal, especially when it is very cold and my MME has sat outside in below zero temps for a couple days with only level 1 charging.

Last Christmas was very cold and we ended up having to turn off the heat for part of the trip home to prevent a midnight DCFC stop on Christmas Eve.

Thanksgiving is interesting as well since there are only two DCFC on I-16. They are extremely congested on holidays so we have to take advantage of a level 2 charger at a doctors office in Reidsville, GA to make sure we can make it back to the EA stations on I-75 that are much less congested. That means having to get someone to help me drop off and pick up the car. Not a great look for EV adoption.

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
We had a Ford Escape hybrid that go close to 40 mpg. I'm hearing that some of the new DCFC charger prices are high enough that it would have been cheaper to use gas in the hybrid. Fortunately we very seldom use a DCFC and price shop with Plugshare. Charging at home is the biggest advantage that I see. It's looking like the price of DCFC charging will be more expensive than gasoline.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Anyone else feel like they care less about how far a trip is since going EV? I had a V8 Mustang before this and I remember when I would think about how a 40 Mile trip is like $10 in gas and dread going versus now I don't really care since I just charge at home all the time.
That's not range anxiety, that's wallet anxiety.

Neandrewthal

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-e CA Route 1
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
I have range anxiety in my work truck even though it has a 600 mile range with its 36 gallon tank. This morning, for example, I have three different site meetings, but I know I need to stop for gas on the way because I'm at about 40 miles DTE. I didn't want to get gas on the crazy holiday weekend, and all our errands were in the Mach-E. Had I forgotten about my low fuel and not left early, I would have been late to a meeting.

Not to mention that my one fill up will cost as much as 3 months of electricity for the Mach-E.

Reactions: TTF