Lighted Pony Project (back it!)

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
if you remove the stock OEM pony on the front, is it easy to put it back on? Thinking in case i want to switch when my '22 arrives :).
Sponsored

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'm excited to see this and hope this project can reach it's funding! $17,000 in the next 18 days seems like a pretty tough goal. I've never contributed to a kickerstarter before but I see that this is an "all or nothing" project.. can the goal date be pushed to continue to allow others to fund this project?

Agree with the previous post suggesting you post this to the subreddits!

OP
OP
supared

supared

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I'm excited to see this and hope this project can reach it's funding! $17,000 in the next 18 days seems like a pretty tough goal. I've never contributed to a kickerstarter before but I see that this is an "all or nothing" project.. can the goal date be pushed to continue to allow others to fund this project?

Agree with the previous post suggesting you post this to the subreddits!
The Goal date cannot be moved, but I chose that date to not drag this approach out. This was an approach to try to speed things up. If it doesn't fund, I'll reflect on the experience, regroup, and determine if and how to move forward. In that case, I'll ask the community for feedback. The main question would be, "if you didn’t back it, did you want it? If yes, what stopped you from going for it?" I've already heard the feedback on some people not trusting Kickstarters. I don't think price is a barrier for our community of Mach-E owners, but maybe for some. I'm sure some people got cold feet for other concerns.

I will connect into the reddits this weekend. Thank you both for the suggestion. Let's all do what we can to get the word out. I don't want to push a rope, but I don't want to fall short only because some people weren't aware.

OP
OP
supared

supared

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
if you remove the stock OEM pony on the front, is it easy to put it back on? Thinking in case i want to switch when my '22 arrives :).
Yes.

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
The main question would be, "if you didn’t back it, did you want it? If yes, what stopped you from going for it?"
I'd back it if I had an MME. I am stubornly not paying for this or any accessories until after I take delivery of the car.

21Select4SR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e4 Select
Country flag
I got in on the Pole Position, super excited about this. I really hope the project gets backing, can't wait to get & install this.

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hey John, there are also some facebook groups for the MME you may want to post to as well...

OP
OP
supared

supared

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone here happen to be in the Cincinnati area?

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
I would of backed, but 1st place doesn't ship outside the US and 2nd place is $40 more PLUS additional international shipping costs to the UK.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I just backed it in 1st place. Thank you @supared for putting this together. What are your plans if the project is fully funded but your expected costs go up?

OP
OP
supared

supared

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just backed it in 1st place. Thank you @supared for putting this together. What are your plans if the project is fully funded but your expected costs go up?
Thanks for backing! I don't see any risk for cost increases and have inured some contingency. The risk in cost is with rework. Minimizing cost, maintaining schedule, and avoiding rework is what my career has been about for the last 9 years. I've done pretty well :)

Matt Bagne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, Ford Bronco on order
Country flag
Sadly being on Kickstarter I would never help fund this because they don't care about backers at all as long as they get their cut. I've been robbed in one too many Kickstarters (even helped buy some Canadian Douchebag a house a-la Peachy Printer).
That's right, I would rather spend my money helping a wealthy prince in Saudi Arabia who needs $5,000 to help release the millions he has which will be shared once it's available. What can go wrong?

Matt Bagne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, Ford Bronco on order
Country flag
AOSK who has posted on here has tons of stuff, fully using the Mustang logo. I'm sure they are not authorized by Ford, and no one has come after them. Their whole cup holder inserts have the Mustang logo everywhere. Tons of 3rd party accessories out there for ICE Mustangs.

https://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Acce...cent/dp/B09F8RNCZX?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
Just hit and miss . . . Ford will get to it. If you have been on B6g for awhile you will have seen other examples of Ford shutting operators down who were freely marketing product with Ford IP, unauthorized. A hot product that was trending quite well on the Forum was "old style" molded Bronco logos to replace the OE badges ("BroncoUSA" I think?), was recently shut down. There have been others discussed in other threads.

Last edited:

YFD_233

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Durango RT,
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I totally get that, but have you ever searched Mustang Mach-E on Etsy, eBay or Amazon? There’s tons of things that just flat out use the logos, not even an interpretation of it. I think Ford understands that people are enthusiastic about their brand and doesn’t want to squash that. At least for smaller makers.
until Ford sees it’s a huge market, then they will do it themselves. Trust me I know.
Sponsored