Kari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e ordered
Occupation
it project manager
Country flag
We have an electrician doing a load calculation on our existing panel to see if we needed to upgrade our panel because of adding the Mach E. It's pretty full as it stands. He's asked for the nameplate rating and I've looked and can't seem to find it. I think it might be in the manual but typically is on the item so might be on the plug. We haven't received our vehicle yet. We have ordered the AWD Premium if that makes a difference. Thank you for your help.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This sort of information depends on the charger you are installing, not the car you are getting. Have you chosen or purchased a charger yet?

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
We have an electrician doing a load calculation on our existing panel to see if we needed to upgrade our panel because of adding the Mach E. It's pretty full as it stands. He's asked for the nameplate rating and I've looked and can't seem to find it. I think it might be in the manual but typically is on the item so might be on the plug. We haven't received our vehicle yet. We have ordered the AWD Premium if that makes a difference. Thank you for your help.
Rating = variable

Prepare for the onslaught of responses, but really your electrician should do some homework.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The charger ("EVSE") included with the vehicle has a maximum rating of 32A continuous at 240V. To make use of its fastest charge rate of 32A, a 240V 40A electrical circuit is required. You'll regain about 20 miles of driving range per hour.

As @ChasingCoral mentioned, there's a wide variety of EVSEs available for purchase. So, it depends. :) If the included "mobile charger" meets your needs, then pass along the info I put above.

Last edited:

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Tell him the nameplate says 150kW and see what he says, lol.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The Mach E can handle different power levels, as mentioned depending upon whether you use the included "mobile" charger or buy a wall mounted one. The included mobile charger has a max sustained current of 32 amps at 240V, which requires a 40 Amp 240 volt breaker. If you buy a wall mounted charger you get to pick the power level (typically between 32 amps and 48 amps), but the maximum that the Mach E will draw is 48Amps. Realistically, you should be fine with the lower powered charger (32 amps) - which only requires a 40 amp 240V single phase circuit. At 32 amps an extended range mach e can charge from 10% to 100% in 10 hours, and a standard range can charge from 10% to 100% in 8 hours.

OP
OP

Kari

First Name
Kari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e ordered
Occupation
it project manager
Country flag
The charger ("EVSE") included with the vehicle has a maximum rating of 32A continuous at 240V. To make use of its fastest charge rate of 32A, a 240V 40A electrical circuit is required. You'll regain about 20 miles of driving range per hour.

As @ChasingCoral mentioned, there's a wide variety of EVSEs available for purchase. So, it depends. :) If the included "mobile charger" meets your needs, then pass along the info I put above.
This is the information I was after. Thank you!
Sponsored