Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Can anyone point me to a dealer with a skilled Mach-E technician in south Louisiana or thereabouts? My car, after 30k miles, needs some attention and I am having doubts about whether my dealer is up to it.

Joe
Sponsored

JayLove

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Prem AWD Ext, '13 Explorer XLT,
Country flag
Can anyone point me to a dealer with a skilled Mach-E technician in south Louisiana or thereabouts? My car, after 30k miles, needs some attention and I am having doubts about whether my dealer is up to it.

Joe
I've yet to find a competent Ford dealer in the BR market. I'm having an amber light issue with my EVSE. Robinson Bros was terrible - spent about 10 days there, tells me the EVSE is fine, but come to find out they don't even have an 14-50 outlet to plug in the EVSE. I've called and left messages with All Star Ford, but no response. All I can get is a receptionist who either wants to schedule service or leave a message. I just want to ask if they have a 14-50 outlet!!!! I only have 1 in my house and would like to test my EVSE on a different outlet. Let me know if you find a competent dealer.

OP
OP
jgcom

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
I've yet to find a competent Ford dealer in the BR market. I'm having an amber light issue with my EVSE. Robinson Bros was terrible - spent about 10 days there, tells me the EVSE is fine, but come to find out they don't even have an 14-50 outlet to plug in the EVSE. I've called and left messages with All Star Ford, but no response. All I can get is a receptionist who either wants to schedule service or leave a message. I just want to ask if they have a 14-50 outlet!!!! I only have 1 in my house and would like to test my EVSE on a different outlet. Let me know if you find a competent dealer.
Thank you for answering, even if you bring problems rather than solutions. My question sat there lonely for a month...

Regarding the 14-50 outlet, there might be one behind the range in your kitchen, but perhaps you don't want to park your car there to test. It wouldn't surprise me if almost no dealer had such an outlet. In a commercial setting, hard wiring really is best. I'm traveling for a week, but if you direct message me, maybe I can do a test for you at my house in BR.

If it were me, I would probably just buy a replacement portable unit not from Ford. I don't think the dealers are going to help us with things like this.

For what it's worth, I've been too busy to check out more area dealers. The question I'd like to ask each service manager is whether they honestly want to pursue service excellence for Ford's EVs going forward. If the answer is no, I'll stop bothering them, assuming I can find just one who says yes and is trying to improve.

JayLove

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Prem AWD Ext, '13 Explorer XLT,
Country flag
Thank you for answering, even if you bring problems rather than solutions. My question sat there lonely for a month...

Regarding the 14-50 outlet, there might be one behind the range in your kitchen, but perhaps you don't want to park your car there to test. It wouldn't surprise me if almost no dealer had such an outlet. In a commercial setting, hard wiring really is best. I'm traveling for a week, but if you direct message me, maybe I can do a test for you at my house in BR.

If it were me, I would probably just buy a replacement portable unit not from Ford. I don't think the dealers are going to help us with things like this.

For what it's worth, I've been too busy to check out more area dealers. The question I'd like to ask each service manager is whether they honestly want to pursue service excellence for Ford's EVs going forward. If the answer is no, I'll stop bothering them, assuming I can find just one who says yes and is trying to improve.
Believe it or not, I measured from the garage to my drier, and its far too long for the cables to reach (besides the fact I would need an adapter). My range is gas.

I'm gonna try one last time with All Star - at least speak to someone, and I'll mention your question about service excellence. I've also been searching for another 14-40 outlet to use, but I'm so tired of this. If no one calls me from All Start in a few days, then I'll probably buy a new EVSE.

Thanks!
Sponsored