Any EV certified Ford Dealers in the South East?

babyplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE, 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
With all the threads of Mach Es requiring a HVBJB fix even after 22S41, I was thinking of planning a trip to 'test' out the car's current HVBJB integrity.

Does anyone know of any EV cerfified Ford Dealers around the North/South Carolina area that I can possibly drive to in case things go south?
Sponsored

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Related question: is there an easy way to find the nearest EV-savvy ford dealership to my location? Love the little dealership where I bought my MME but their service department seems pretty, um, Midcentury Modern at best.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Huh.

My dealership comes up with that search and filter, but last time I asked, they didn't have the battery jack gizmo in their service bay and "planned to get one and the training for it soon."

Might be good to use that search engine but confirm with a follow-up phone call folks.

Fairleighs

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2015 F150, 2018 Corolla
Country flag
With all the threads of Mach Es requiring a HVBJB fix even after 22S41, I was thinking of planning a trip to 'test' out the car's current HVBJB integrity.

Does anyone know of any EV cerfified Ford Dealers around the North/South Carolina area that I can possibly drive to in case things go south?
Cooper Ford in Carthage NC is an EV dealer. Small dealer locally owned, they are awesome. Supposed to get mine back today.

OP
OP
babyplex

babyplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cooper Ford in Carthage NC is an EV dealer. Small dealer locally owned, they are awesome. Supposed to get mine back today.
Thank you! Were you there for the 22S41 update or god forbid, a HVBJB replacement?

In your opinion, was the shop well equipped to handle a HVBJV replacement?

Like what @P. T. Magoo has mentioned, it’s one thing to be listed as EV ready but another to be equipped for it. 😏

Last edited:

Fairleighs

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you! Were you there for the 22S41 update or god forbid, a HVBJB replacement?

In your opinion, was the shop well equipped to handle a HVBJV replacement?

Like what @P. T. Magoo has mentioned, it’s one thing to be listed as EV ready but another to be equipped for it. 😏
When I dropped it off for repair I asked if they had the right tools, to which they replied they have the battery jack and all the things. HVBJB was replaced post 22S41 update.

OP
OP
babyplex

babyplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I dropped it off for repair I asked if they had the right tools, to which they replied they have the battery jack and all the things. HVBJB was replaced post 22S41 update.
Thank you! I’ll be driving around Carthage soon. May I know how long it took you to replace the HVBJB?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Pretty sure a dealer can only sell them if they are EV certified. Quality of that service appears to vary.

Fairleighs

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you! I’ll be driving around Carthage soon. May I know how long it took you to replace the HVBJB?
If I get it back today (supposed to) it would be a total of eight days since I got the HVBJB error post software update.
Sponsored