Lost my Mach E yesterday. I will miss it for the time it is in the ICU......

SignMD

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE, 2023 BMW iX
Country flag
Well the first step is to actually order the part, sometimes that doesn't happen right away at a lot of dealers unfortunately. Can't make it go any faster while waiting for the part, assuming the order has been placed. I want to say the part is a week or two wait currently.

Some people have driven over 500 miles on SVS without issue while waiting for an appointment. Some people have it brick shortly after, although that's rare (maybe 5% chance). So it's not out of the question to ask if you wanted to keep driving it before the repair can be made. That's up to you.
This issue is similar to the issue that Audi had with the 2019 e-tron where the real tail light bars were failing. Although not as catostrophic as the Mach E HVBJC issue, it was similar since there were widespread failures but no official hardware recall. It was during Covid so the part was in short supply but my Audi dealer was proactive and ordered in several of the new updated lightbars. So when mine finally failed, I called my dealer, brought it in the next day and it was finished in 4 hours. Others with the issue has to wait a month for the part if the dealer didn't have it. Overall Audi is much better informing and training dealers with TSBs and fixes, way better than Ford. This is my first Ford (and American car) and I am not looking forward to the service experience if mine fails.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dhoerl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
This issue is similar to the issue that Audi had with the 2019 e-tron where the real tail light bars were failing. Although not as catosriphic as the Mach E HVBJC issue, it was similar since there were widespread failures but no official hardware recall. It was during Covid so the part was in short supply but my Audi dealer was proactive and ordered in several of the new updated lightbars. So when mine finally failed, I called my dealer, brought it in the next day and it was finished in 4 hours. Others with the issue has to wait a month for the part of the dealer didn't have it. Overall Audi is much better informing and training dealers with TSBs and fixes, way better than Ford. This is my first Ford (and American car) and I am not looking forward to the service experience if mine fails.
Ditto on Audi dealers! Had three Audis 1999-2021, wanted EV so bought Mach-E. But the Ford dealers - sigh.

StrWhtMME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Electric Focus. 21 MME Prm SR, 23 Maverick
Country flag
Question, are these failures with only GT models? Also, are these failures when using DCFC? Just curious.

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
Mine just died 30m ago. No idea why. Driving fine. Made a stop. Canā€™t go ago.

šŸ˜ž

OP
OP
COMachENoDecals

COMachENoDecals

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, F-150, 330XI
Country flag
Question, are these failures with only GT models? Also, are these failures when using DCFC? Just curious.
I believe there is another post that is 50/50 GT's and non GT's right now for tracking, well at least after the software update to try to prevent bricking.

OP
OP
COMachENoDecals

COMachENoDecals

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, F-150, 330XI
Country flag
This is really scary to me !!! I am so nervous about all of this and having to trust the dealership who has already told me they arenā€™t on any rush for these because ā€œthey arenā€™t making any moneyā€ is even more scared ..

Itā€™s so dumb that Ford makes us all go thru dealerships who are not trying to help and o guess why should they if they work on commission plus so much turnover I hate this process .,
The dealers just aren't making money hand over fist on some of these, which bothers them. There are several postings saying they only get to bill X amount of hours on jobs and if their techs aren't trained, then it costs them a bit. But really they are able to set it on update, come back to it, etc just like normal and mix their jobs to keep making money. The good thing for any of us is that the dealers are still in place to fix it.

I really wasn't worried on the car, I am just glad mine was close to home, like I lucked out.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That's just inexcusable and that's so much liability on the dealer you should contact the owner directly and have a long talk with him about your new lawsuit.

a dubb

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
So I just got my mach e back 0n Friday Sept 2 from getting this fixed. It was the second time and had the update when it came out. Problem is now the car makes a annoying noise like old pcs when processing. Come to find out the dealer did not tighten the freaking battery back to the car. I felt the bolts under the car last night on way back from concert and sure is it loose bolts. Thanks Ford dealer. I got corporate involved originally because the dealer said they couldn't offer me a loner because they don't have any and I'm tired of hearing COVID as a worthless excuse. It was there for about 3 weeks. So Tuesday I get to go and have a great conversation with the dealer. I hope the battery and everything is ok. I Hope the dumb dumbs tightened everything else. Here's some pics

20220831_.jpg

2022083195.jpg

2022083195 (1).jpg

This is the stuff that really makes me nervous because truly as a girl makes it even worse I took my 2019 into dealership for oil change as itā€™s part of the package I purchased and now the AC is not blowing cold .. Iā€™m not trying to be a conspiracy theorist but I sure hope itā€™s not something they will try to ding me with upon final sale .. I thought by ordering via FORD directly I was being safeguarded but seems like still have to endure the shark tank .. which I hate

does anyone know a good contact at the autonation in scottsdale .. ?

OP
OP
COMachENoDecals

COMachENoDecals

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, F-150, 330XI
Country flag
Confirmed HVJB. 9/26 is the expected part arrival date.
Sponsored