ABjolly

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E Select
Country flag
2022 Select AWD. when I put the car into reverse and started to reverse slightly I heard a pop in the rear. Since this pop I’ve had this clunking noise coming from the rear of the car and the speed of the clunking seems to correlate with how fast I am driving. I can’t exactly tell where it’s coming from in terms of left, center, or right rear but it’s for sure coming from the rear. Has anyone heard or had this issue before?

here’s a video of said noise. Thanks for any help.

edit: there’s nothing visibly wrong with either wheel, no hanging parts or obvious abnormalities with the vehicle.

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When was your car built? There is also an axle recall for some cars built around July but not sure if it would result in this noise.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if your “Parking Brake Pawl” could possibly be damaged?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
2022 Select AWD. when I put the car into reverse and started to reverse slightly I heard a pop in the rear. Since this pop I’ve had this clunking noise coming from the rear of the car and the speed of the clunking seems to correlate with how fast I am driving. I can’t exactly tell where it’s coming from in terms of left, center, or right rear but it’s for sure coming from the rear. Has anyone heard or had this issue before?

here’s a video of said noise. Thanks for any help.

edit: there’s nothing visibly wrong with either wheel, no hanging parts or obvious abnormalities with the vehicle.

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.