*Loud* popping from speakers

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
My car got updated last night, "Improved DC Fast Charging". Priority update 23-PU0105-DC-CHG2. When I got in it for the first time today a VERY loud "pop!" issued from the speakers. Scared the shit outta me it was so loud. Then when I turned the volume knob it made loud popping/static sound for every number, either up or down. Turning off the car did not fix it. Rebooting SYNC did not fix it. I hesitantly started playing a song on Apple Music and it seems to have gone away.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My car got updated last night, "Improved DC Fast Charging". Priority update 23-PU0105-DC-CHG2. When I got in it for the first time today a VERY loud "pop!" issued from the speakers. Scared the shit outta me it was so loud. Then when I turned the volume knob it made loud popping/static sound for every number, either up or down. Turning off the car did not fix it. Rebooting SYNC did not fix it. I hesitantly started playing a song on Apple Music and it seems to have gone away.
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end.
I appreciate it, but will hold off on that for now. If it becomes persistent or I can reliably reproduce the problem, I'll let you know.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Speaker popping can occur with a low battery. The update may have caused a drop in your LVB charge, causing a spike when the HVB-LVB opened.

I appreciate it, but will hold off on that for now. If it becomes persistent or I can reliably reproduce the problem, I'll let you know.
Don't take it to the dealer until it happens again but @Ford Motor Company might be able to check the error codes to see what happened. It's good feedback to the PowerUp team, too.

ohbillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet
Country flag
This just happened to me too. Loud popping noises when changing volume. Playing music through car play fixed the problem. (Or at least the symptom for now.)

note: car was just updated to 6.1.0 on Oct 13th.

note2: popping happened first thing in the morning. I thought a branch dropped on the top of the car. And then I figured out it was the stereo.

Note3: neither resetting console twice nor turning off/on car twice helped. Center console would not play music through SiriusXM. Only popping sounds (that got louder) when adjusting the volume knob. Problem was reaolved once I played music through air play.

Update: the issue was transient as it didn’t return the rest of today.

Last edited:

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
I had that once, then one speaker wouldn't work. I shut everything down and restarted the car and that resolved it. It never returned. Officially that would be known as a "Transient Anomaly".

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This happened to me once, and I don't recall installing an update before. It was also after a 20 mile drive, so I don't see how it would have been a low battery issue. It worked itself out after a few minutes driving, and it hasn't happened since. That was almost a year ago.
Sponsored