Very low volume from rear speakers

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
That is probably actually a very valid point. You can see in my decibel test earlier in the thread that they are indeed at least measuring the same decibels as the front door speakers. But everything is overpowered by the front center channel.
Yeah I don’t like the “surround” setting for that reason. At least not for music.
Sponsored

RedRider

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Glad to find this thread. I've had my MME a little over a week and I feel like I'm in my dad's '76 LTD! That front center speaker is ridiculous! I thought I was getting a premium sound system and feel stuck in the '70s!

I can't imagine a fix for this. If anyone comes up with something I'd love to know what it is!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Glad to find this thread. I've had my MME a little over a week and I feel like I'm in my dad's '76 LTD! That front center speaker is ridiculous! I thought I was getting a premium sound system and feel stuck in the '70s!

I can't imagine a fix for this. If anyone comes up with something I'd love to know what it is!
Change the settings from “surround” to “stereo.”

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

Use the Fader to move the sound halfway to the back.

Composer

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 AWD
Occupation
Music Composer
Country flag
To be honest, using a center speaker like they use Mach-e instead of using phantom center from more sources is not a very good approach. I cant use the "surround" setup at all because of this. Human brains are too used to extrapolate where sound comes from, from several sources as it hits surfaces and direction. Or maybe its just the calibration that is wrong?

The center speaker is kinda awful as well, it has very harsh sound... and that does not help.

Like I always say though when saying negative things about Mach-e though, GOOD CAR otherwise. :D

Composer

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 AWD
Occupation
Music Composer
Country flag
I kinda wish they would have included Dolby Atmos encoder in the dsp so we could at least get Atmos mixed songs from Apple Music. Probably coming in future revisions of many cars though.

Sitting either on the left or right in a car is not usually the sweet spot when listening to music anyways.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The other thing is if you're streaming music make sure the settings on the app you use are maxed out. I pay for Apple music, so I can manage the sound the best. I don't pay for Spotify and definitely notice the difference.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I don't pay for Spotify and definitely notice the difference.
You can listen to Spotify without paying for it? Is it just lower bandwidth/fidelity?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
You can listen to Spotify without paying for it? Is it just lower bandwidth/fidelity?
Yes, I have Spotify, YouTube Music, and Amazon Music that I don't pay for and all at lower widths than Apple.
Sponsored