Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Is anyone curious or interested in what the Mach-E lowered would look like?

I did a google search on lowered cross-overs and some of them actually looks pretty good. Not only that, but for people who are used to driving sedans and hatchbacks, lowering might make this car feel more "at home."

I might take a look at what it may look like in the future once we start seeing examples. What do you think?
Sponsored

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

I did a google search on lowered cross-overs and some of them actually looks pretty good. Not only that, but for people who are used to driving sedans and hatchbacks, lowering might make this car feel more "at home."

I might take a look at what it may look like in the future once we start seeing examples. What do you think?
Theres... not a lot of ground clearance as it is. That battery is less than 6" off the ground.

A Focus has more ground clearance at just over 6".

The Mach-E just *looks* tall. The designers played a lot of neat tricks with the styling.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Theres... not a lot of ground clearance as it is. That battery is less than 6" off the ground.

A Focus has more ground clearance at just over 6".

The Mach-E just *looks* tall. The designers played a lot of neat tricks with the styling.

Actually waiting to see if there will be a nice adjustable coilover system. Hoping the Magneride suspension will be adjustable Id like to use that as an option. We might have to wait a year or 2 for options

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
May not be a good idea with the battery already sitting pretty low as it is. I hate to see what would happen if you bottomed out.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
May not be a good idea with the battery already sitting pretty low as it is. I hate to see what would happen if you bottomed out.
One word: Airbags. Air suspension is super comfortable and ride height can be easily adjusted. I am not talking about slamming it, just maybe a 1 inch drop.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
One word: Airbags. Air suspension is super comfortable and ride height can be easily adjusted. I am not talking about slamming it, just maybe a 1 inch drop.
Yep, bags are probably your safest bet here. 6" isn't much, but that's still plenty of clearance when you get into the realm of lowered cars.

I agree that the mach-e woud look great with a 1-inch drop. But you have to have the rest of the suspension dialed in to accommodate. Stiffer shocks and so on. At least there's not a driveshaft and pinion bearing to realign!

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I would be interested in raising it and inch or 2 for more clearance.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Isn’t the GT already dropped a bit compared to the standard models? That does put it pretty low, but not outrageous for a performance car.

I think the standard models are 5.7 in, GT more like 4.7 in, but my current Prius is only 4.8 in so it doesn’t feel too bad.
Sponsored