Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150, 2015 GMC Terrain
Country flag
What dealership is it at?
Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent.

Damn you people have very particular requests. Sorry, but I can't answer any of those questions about wheel well trim and etc. It was dark by the time I made to the dealer and they had it parked in some rather terrible lighting.

It was an infinite blue color. Not my taste in color choice, even though I like blue. Just seems a little... bland. Maybe because of the night time setting.

On the other hand, I can give you my general impression of the car.

And I mean CAR. In my opinion, this vehicle is not an "SUV". I mean, I guess you could call anything an SUV at this point.... Its basically a car with a hatchback. A slightly larger version of a VW Golf.

It has good headroom and good legroom. The seating is comfortable and about medium firmness. You don't sink in like a plushy cloth seat, but its not stiff like the backseat of a faux-leather Mercedes tends to be.

I checked out the frunk. It looks bigger in pictures. Basically, I would say with the dividers in there, you could fit a gallon of milk in each partition. Probably not much more than that. Yea, its really not very large at all so don't expect a massive storage compartment like the initial marketing photos suggested. Shrimp and beer.... for 2, maybe 4 if they are on portion control diet.

The rear hatch area/primary storage area/trunk is smaller than average for this size of vehicle. The reason is because of the rapidly sloping rear headline and glass. It comes with a privacy shade that you can remove and probably should, because it reduces vertical space and space is already limited. If you were shopping at Costco, you might get like 2 banana boxes in there filled with various stuff and thats about it. Honestly, I have seen regular car trunks that were bigger and hold way more stuff.

Because it was night time, "Night" mode was on the center control console in a dark theme. The display is bright in the white areas with crisp text, and responsive touch input. The secondary driver display is also bright and crisp.

There was ambient light in the cabin with a soft shade of blue. It was minimal, though, mostly around the front door sills and some lighting in the foot area under the steering wheel/glove box. Definately low-key and true to being an accent piece. I wish the luminance from the ambient lighting was brighter/more aggressive, but I can understand that it might be distracting or disorienting to other people who dont want to be bathed in an electric rave.

The center console armrest flips up and there is a sliding door underneath that opens into a medium sized storage compartment. In this car, there was only a 12v outlet and no usb ports inside. There are 2 usb ports located just below the center control panel. Beneath those ports is a rubberized mat with imbedded wireless charger for 1 phone only. A second, small storage area is somewhat hidden underneath the phone charging mat area with a second rubberized mat. I didnt notice it until I looked into the car from the passenger side.

All in all, its a decent car, though I would struggle to call it an SUV. You could fit 2 child car seats in the back row, but it would be difficult to fit a third person back there with the car seats installed unless they were a skinny/small person.

I am going to reserve my judgment until I actually drive this vehicle and I would STRONGLY urge everyone to take at least 30 minutes to properly test drive it. If the handling and performance are pleasureable, I may purchase it.

But, having 2 small children the overall space might be a deal breaker for me.

I also looked at the Ford Bronco Sport 4-door. It was bigger than I expected because people call it the "baby Bronco", but its a healthy size. Quite liked it, actually. Unfortunately, I hear the MPG ratings are not too great so far....

Food for thought!

OP
OP

Psipunk

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150, 2015 GMC Terrain
Country flag
We know the doors each have a lighted button for opening. Above the button on each door is a symbol for locking the door once it is closed. Can you check somehow to determine if it lights up as you touch the area, or do you touch the area just knowing it's there, meaning no light feature? Thanks...Tom
Yes, there is a symbol above the button. However, I did not notice it light up. There is a light ring around the button itself that illuminates when you press the button. Kind of wierd that it only illuminates AFTER you push it. Seems like a missed opportunity not illuminating the lock symbol.

When in the dark, the black button combined with the black trim surround would make it difficult for people unacquainted with the car to figure out how to open it. Not a big deal, though, once you get used to it. May deterr thieves, actually.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, there is a symbol above the button. However, I did not notice it light up. There is a light ring around the button itself that illuminates when you press the button. Kind of wierd that it only illuminates AFTER you push it.
If you have the fob or PaaK setup, the release button will light up when you approach the car. And if you have it set to auto-lock when you walk away, you will never need to hit the lock button that doesn’t light up.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also for the person asking about USB ports inside the console, remember that there's a couple on the backside of it as well. Intended for the rear seat passengers, but easy to plug a charger cord it and reach to the front seats too.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also for the person asking about USB ports inside the console, remember that there's a couple on the backside of it as well. Intended for the rear seat passengers, but easy to plug a charger cord it and reach to the front seats too.
Right, but the owners manual lists more of them. It’s possible that they added some between the preproduction units and the production units. Or it’s also possible the owners manual is just wrong.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Right, but the owners manual lists more of them. It’s possible that they added some between the preproduction units and the production units. Or it’s also possible the owners manual is just wrong.
I'm leaning towards the manual just being unclear/wrong. We would have seen them by now in my opinion.

2 front/2 rear is more than adequate in my opinion, and is pretty standard for a crossover. You can always get a 12V USB charger (with as many ports as you need) if you have many more devices.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm leaning towards the manual just being unclear/wrong. We would have seen them by now in my opinion.

2 front/2 rear is more than adequate in my opinion, and is pretty standard for a crossover. You can always get a 12V USB charger (with as many ports as you need) if you have many more devices.
Yeah, I don’t really think we need more. But it’s nice to have one that supports data in a spot like the center console that’s hidden in case you want to leave a music source plugged in all the time. Of course, that likely becomes less useful with wireless CarPlay/AA.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I’m pretty sure it is the same car from Kirkland. I noticed every piece of glass says Ford.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E At My Dealership. Any Requests? 87269F01-6DF7-48EC-B527-134500AB3AA0

I noticed the lock “button” is raised but not lit.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E At My Dealership. Any Requests? 19CB5F27-8490-4B11-BF15-5ED2032DED53

Here mare some shots of the flare attachments.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E At My Dealership. Any Requests? 096B385C-A538-4C2D-B472-94A7B2F5279A

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E At My Dealership. Any Requests? 348B2142-83CB-4366-B650-4B8B7A0431F6

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent.

Damn you people have very particular requests. Sorry, but I can't answer any of those questions about wheel well trim and etc. It was dark by the time I made to the dealer and they had it parked in some rather terrible lighting.

It was an infinite blue color. Not my taste in color choice, even though I like blue. Just seems a little... bland. Maybe because of the night time setting.

On the other hand, I can give you my general impression of the car.

And I mean CAR. In my opinion, this vehicle is not an "SUV". I mean, I guess you could call anything an SUV at this point.... Its basically a car with a hatchback. A slightly larger version of a VW Golf.

It has good headroom and good legroom. The seating is comfortable and about medium firmness. You don't sink in like a plushy cloth seat, but its not stiff like the backseat of a faux-leather Mercedes tends to be.

I checked out the frunk. It looks bigger in pictures. Basically, I would say with the dividers in there, you could fit a gallon of milk in each partition. Probably not much more than that. Yea, its really not very large at all so don't expect a massive storage compartment like the initial marketing photos suggested. Shrimp and beer.... for 2, maybe 4 if they are on portion control diet.

The rear hatch area/primary storage area/trunk is smaller than average for this size of vehicle. The reason is because of the rapidly sloping rear headline and glass. It comes with a privacy shade that you can remove and probably should, because it reduces vertical space and space is already limited. If you were shopping at Costco, you might get like 2 banana boxes in there filled with various stuff and thats about it. Honestly, I have seen regular car trunks that were bigger and hold way more stuff.

Because it was night time, "Night" mode was on the center control console in a dark theme. The display is bright in the white areas with crisp text, and responsive touch input. The secondary driver display is also bright and crisp.

There was ambient light in the cabin with a soft shade of blue. It was minimal, though, mostly around the front door sills and some lighting in the foot area under the steering wheel/glove box. Definately low-key and true to being an accent piece. I wish the luminance from the ambient lighting was brighter/more aggressive, but I can understand that it might be distracting or disorienting to other people who dont want to be bathed in an electric rave.

The center console armrest flips up and there is a sliding door underneath that opens into a medium sized storage compartment. In this car, there was only a 12v outlet and no usb ports inside. There are 2 usb ports located just below the center control panel. Beneath those ports is a rubberized mat with imbedded wireless charger for 1 phone only. A second, small storage area is somewhat hidden underneath the phone charging mat area with a second rubberized mat. I didnt notice it until I looked into the car from the passenger side.

All in all, its a decent car, though I would struggle to call it an SUV. You could fit 2 child car seats in the back row, but it would be difficult to fit a third person back there with the car seats installed unless they were a skinny/small person.

I am going to reserve my judgment until I actually drive this vehicle and I would STRONGLY urge everyone to take at least 30 minutes to properly test drive it. If the handling and performance are pleasureable, I may purchase it.

But, having 2 small children the overall space might be a deal breaker for me.

I also looked at the Ford Bronco Sport 4-door. It was bigger than I expected because people call it the "baby Bronco", but its a healthy size. Quite liked it, actually. Unfortunately, I hear the MPG ratings are not too great so far....

Food for thought!
Thanks for your comments and I agree that its more like a Car than a SUV. When my wife saw the MME at a recent road show - she was like this is a Car - why do you keep saying that it is a SUV? :)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I would have to think that the manual is incorrect than Ford adding additional ports

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Yes, makes me want to throw up
I still do not understand why they decided to use shiny plastic - gets so ugly just after a few touches, plus, so scratchable... The same about shiny "wings/covers" over wheels in Premium - why use shiny plastic? It's just so un-practical... Those parts will require some protection right on the day one after you buy the car...