Mach-E At My Dealership. Any Requests?

RonG

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade, 2018 MB GLC AMG 43. Previously owned Mustangs: 1965 hardtop, 1967 Fastback, 1966 Fastback
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks so much for the pics ajmartineau. It looks like one would just have to pop out the plastic rivets to remove the wheel flares. Plus unplug the marker lite. There may also be a double-sided tape to adhere them to the metal fenders. Have them painted and re-install. Probably best to use new plastic pop rivets.
Sponsored

Hi_Im_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Road line painter
Country flag
Thanks for your comments and I agree that its more like a Car than a SUV. When my wife saw the MME at a recent road show - she was like this is a Car - why do you keep saying that it is a SUV? :)

I’ve always believed it was an suv the first 6 months until I found this forum and realized it was more like the size of a CRV which my parents own. Which is great because I have 2 car seats for 2 kids under 5. I came from a 2015 lowered mazda 3 and the past 9 months have been brutal because of the rear facing seat. My wife’s seat is pushed almost full forward just to fit in. It also makes it hard to lane change with her face near my blind spot.

Which prompted me to look for a larger vehicle and we test drove the Mazda CX-5 and I’m just super thrilled that it’s going to be more that size and not larger like a Acura MDX.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I’ve always believed it was an suv the first 6 months until I found this forum and realized it was more like the size of a CRV which my parents own. Which is great because I have 2 car seats for 2 kids under 5. I came from a 2015 lowered mazda 3 and the past 9 months have been brutal because of the rear facing seat. My wife’s seat is pushed almost full forward just to fit in. It also makes it hard to lane change with her face near my blind spot.

Which prompted me to look for a larger vehicle and we test drove the Mazda CX-5 and I’m just super thrilled that it’s going to be more that size and not larger like a Acura MDX.
This was a huge consideration for me as well. I have one forward and one rear facing seat right now. Very tight in my '15 CRV and not much better in my '06 explorer.
So I was very pleased to see how much better the fit will be in the mme. The loooonnnggg wheelbase of the mme clearly helps with rear seat leg room, which makes car seat clearance to the front seats a non issue.

On the downside: width-wise, I dont see anyone fitting in between the carseats.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On the downside: width-wise, I dont see anyone fitting in between the carseats.
Yep. Even just 3 adults in the back looks unrealistic without the middle person leaning forward. It can be done in a pinch, but I wouldn't plan on regular use of 3 in the back seat.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Yep. Even just 3 adults in the back looks unrealistic without the middle person leaning forward. It can be done in a pinch, but I wouldn't plan on regular use of 3 in the back seat.
Based on my visits with the car, you definitely can fit 3 average size adults in the rear. But if you are going to do this regularly or on long trips, you need a bigger vehicle. The rear seat is huge compared to most vehicles, but the smallest dimension is the width; which is average compared to most vehicles. If you have 2 car seats, the only person who would fit in the middle is another child.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
we test drove the Mazda CX-5 and I’m just super thrilled that it’s going to be more that size
We struggle with our child seat in the back of our CX-5. My daughter has to sit behind the passenger seat, as I’m 6,3 and we can’t get her behind the driver seat. Not ideal. However we have an iso fix base for the car seat, which itself is quite big and also raised the seat up higher than usual... so that isn’t helping. From what I have seen, there seems to be more room in the Mach-E when I saw it in the UK at the beginning of the year.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

I have both the CX5 , CRV and Mazda3 in the family. Its similar or slightly smaller trunk than CX%, smaller than CRV just a tad and larger than Mazda3. The biggest difference is it sits lower to the ground than CRV and CX5 making it look like a Car than SUV and the fastback shape in the back makes it look not a SUV at first glance.

davema

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e gt
Country flag
my question is how tall does the car sit? I own an iPace and it feels more like a car when you get into it from a height perspective than an SUV. I'm hoping the Mach e is taller.

davema

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e gt
Country flag
and how did you find out the car was at a dealer near you? I live in Washington State and I didn't hear anything about cars touring through local dealerships. come on Ford, space you have all my information, you can do better?!

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
The rear hatch area/primary storage area/trunk is smaller than average for this size of vehicle. The reason is because of the rapidly sloping rear headline and glass. It comes with a privacy shade that you can remove and probably should, because it reduces vertical space and space is already limited. If you were shopping at Costco, you might get like 2 banana boxes in there filled with various stuff and thats about it. Honestly, I have seen regular car trunks that were bigger and hold way more stuff.
You seem to be having some my concerns with cargo space.

Only 2 banana boxes? That seems rather low estimate. The VW e-Golf gets 5, or 17 with the seats folded, and for the Leaf 2018 it's 7/21 (5/18 for Leaf 2013). Can you compare the cargo area to a Bolt or Rav4?

This is how you measure banana boxes:

Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
3 in the back only if skinny. you can fit two and 1 small person but will be tight. 3 kids no problem. @ car seats and 1 in middle no problem. the hump in the middle does help some. Really want to know go sit in the rear of an escape and think no hump. that is close to what it is like.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
my question is how tall does the car sit? I own an iPace and it feels more like a car when you get into it from a height perspective than an SUV. I'm hoping the Mach e is taller.
It’s quite low to be honest. Possibly lower than the iPace.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's a question a lot of us have been trying to determine for a year. I hate low sedan-like vehicles.

My reference is our 2013 Escape. Vehicle specs say the Escape is 3" taller (66" Escape, 63" Mach-E, 61.6" iPace). But the peak height is a little further back on the Escape, so over the driver seat area it looks about 2" shorter than the Escape.

But it's still way better than something like an Accord, that sits 5" shorter than the Mach-E.

It's misleading to call the Mach-E an SUV. It's a crossover. Medium height, although probably toward the lower end of medium.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's a question a lot of us have been trying to determine for a year. I hate low sedan-like vehicles.

My reference is our 2013 Escape. Vehicle specs say the Escape is 3" taller (66" Escape, 63" Mach-E, 61.6" iPace). But the peak height is a little further back on the Escape, so over the driver seat area it looks about 2" shorter than the Escape.

But it's still way better than something like an Accord, that sits 5" shorter than the Mach-E.

It's misleading to call the Mach-E an SUV. It's a crossover. Medium height, although probably toward the lower end of medium.
And you're about to find out for yourself!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

After sitting in a Mach-E yesterday at a Machetour stop, I can confirm all that I said above. I was happy with the seat height, able to slide in/out of the car without feeling like it was a "groaner" to get in/out of. I'm 6'1" tall, and prefer vehicles that sit high. I currently drive a 2013 Escape that I would consider "decent" for seat height. I'd love it to be higher, but it's good enough that I slide in/out of comfortably. The Mach-E felt pretty much the same. It was not noticeably lower than my Escape, although by measurement it is just a bit lower.

I brought a tape measure. I had the seat set roughly 2/3rds to the high end, like I do on my Escape. I measured back near the rear of the seat where my butt sits. The top of the side bolstering "lip" measured about 24.5" off the ground. Same spot on my Escape is 26.5". The Escape seats have about a 1.5-2" lip (vs where you sit), while the Mach-E is a little flatter (~1" lip). Add it all up and I'd say the Mach-E sits 1-2" lower than a 2013-2019 Escape (not sure if the new Escape has the same measurements or not).

I didn't set the seat even higher because like on my Escape, the seat adjustment isn't straight up-down. Moving it up also moves it forward, at roughly a 45 degree angle. Go too far and the steering wheel starts blocking the corners of the driver display.

Door opening seemed plenty big and high enough. Didn't have to duck to get in, even when the seat was set semi-high.
Sponsored