John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Sandy was impressed with the roof brackets - I would be interested to see the roof structure for a MME with the glass roof...

Birger

First Name
Birger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I love the Munro Live videos. Even if they are not always 100%, it should be a lot to learn for many engineers and also good reminders for other engineers.
The devil i in the details.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
That Linamood is just a natural in front of the camera (LOL).

EVready

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB GLC300, BMW M240xi, Lexus RX350
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It was good, but one must remember that bottom line - Sandy is a Tesla guy.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But could not say much when looking at that.

Wow that looks well engineered and solid. I will take the weight and the bigger pack if it means solid. That is what this vehicle feels like nice and solid.

Same weight as a pickup but 30% more torque that a stock V8 pick up with just a wee bit less lag.

QuRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME RWD/ER (Space White)
Country flag
That Linamood is just a natural in front of the camera (LOL).
To me, the body language of that poor guy is (usually) the most interesting aspect of these videos. It is not just an "I'm-an-engineer" awkwardness, it easily reaches, IMO, "I'm-really-really-terrified-of-my-boss" territory.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
My favorite is the hidden pillows that Ford put in the back. If you are camping in your car and forgot to bring a pillow, you can tear down the car and retrieve the pillows. One on each side too! o_O

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
There is an interview with Sandy where he explains that he sold his Tesla stock because he is not allowed to own this. I don't know the specific ruling but thought that the FTC required disclosure within the last few years for bloggers. He owns a Tesla and praises its engineering. I don't see anything unethical or deceptive. They do have good engineering and I sure hope that Ford, GM, etc are learning from Tesla's work. It will make for better cars for us in the long term.

We have to remember that we are in a major transition from one technology to another. Having lived through the first generation of smog controls, I believe that we are doing it better than what happened when that last change was implemented. There were Corvettes with less than 200 hp in the 70's!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is an interview with Sandy where he explains that he sold his Tesla stock because he is not allowed to own this. I don't know the specific ruling but thought that the FTC required disclosure within the last few years for bloggers. He owns a Tesla and praises its engineering. I don't see anything unethical or deceptive. They do have good engineering and I sure hope that Ford, GM, etc are learning from Tesla's work. It will make for better cars for us in the long term.

We have to remember that we are in a major transition from one technology to another. Having lived through the first generation of smog controls, I believe that we are doing it better than what happened when that last change was implemented. There were Corvettes with less than 200 hp in the 70's!
Maybe he will throw the a tesla body in white on the table and slam that? No probs saying when Tesla is superior the other way around not so much. No shares and no monetary interest are two different things. The later harder to uncover.

Rivets are used in planes because they are better for stress concentrations, vibration and fatigue. A box section is torsionally stiff. Go ahead and model/do the cals on irregular varying cross sections that jump all over the place. I like watching the mach-e get taken apart it is interesting. Some of the comments need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Sponsored