Mach-E select
Country flag

mserjohnb132

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 VW GTI
Country flag
I have a handful of your products in my cart, just waiting for a Black Friday sale. Will you be having one?

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I have a handful of your products in my cart, just waiting for a Black Friday sale. Will you be having one?
we are going to have Black Friday sales on some of our products. Thank you for the interest on our products

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Just installed on my passenger side, I'll put some pictures up later. Sadly, I'm a bit disappointed but one of my issues is specific to me and may not apply to everyone.

I have my pillars wrapped, but the door deletes cover a lot less of the pillar so it exposed the vinyl seam that was previously covered by the handle. I had to use the weather tape included as a workaround but that means I'm no longer lined up with with the OEM seal there.

My second gripe is the connection to the OEM trim. The original handle has a nice rubber seal that overlaps the original trim and it looks seamless. This delete is too flush and it meets trim with a puzzle piece like connection that just doesn't look as good in person as the pictures.

I think a way better approach would have been to use the original handle's rubber seal to guide the size of the delete. It would have been just slightly larger than the original trim there but that's exactly how the factory door handle works. It would have covered the seam with the original trim, covered the same amount of the pillar, and looked factory/intentional instead of looking like an obvious mod.

AOSK, love your products and I've bought a ton of them, if you ever consider doing a revision of this my suggestion is to make it so the original rubber seal is used with door delete.

A couple pictures coming soon of the installed handle and the OEM rubber seal I'm referencing.
Sponsored