First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Long-term, I think the Mach E is insignificant for now. I'm counting on the overall Ford electrification program.

One the short-term, ups and downs follow market news. That's why stocks and the Dow are both roller coasters on the short-term. I was only talking about this morning's pattern coinciding with the news. While both the Dow and Ford dropped, the pattern of the two are quite different so far today:

Screenshot 2020-05-22 10.15.55.png

Screenshot 2020-05-22 10.15.45.png

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
Stock prices now likely have nothing to do with Ford EV's as they are very insignificant part of Ford sales.

More about the costs of the closures and effects of world wide recession (depression?) on car sales worldwide.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicles
Model X Standard Range, Chevrolet Bolt EV, Fiat 500E
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
honestly, I've given up on what affects stock price. I have better luck betting on snail races than predicting the stock market.

At the moment I think this is a blip on the radar, and that's about it. They powers that be will watch things, but until something like the F150 comes out, or they do something massive, it'll be a rounding error on their balance sheet at best, or a lodestone if it fails.

Just a guess, i know nothing about stock market other than how to lose money in it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Country flag
At the moment I think this is a blip on the radar, and that's about it.
I concur. Anything Mach E-related will be a blip. That's what stock volatility is all about. I just saw this morning's blip when I compared Ford to the Dow and knew the news coming out of Europe coincided with it.

zhackwyatt

Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max
Country flag
honestly, I've given up on what affects stock price. I have better luck betting on snail races than predicting the stock market.

At the moment I think this is a blip on the radar, and that's about it. They powers that be will watch things, but until something like the F150 comes out, or they do something massive, it'll be a rounding error on their balance sheet at best, or a lodestone if it fails.

Just a guess, i know nothing about stock market other than how to lose money in it.
That's why I don't practice in market timing. Diversify, long-term outlook, dollar cost averaging..

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
While it is true that short term volatility is expected and doesn't matter, long term I think the Mach E is a key factor in a Ford turnaround - even at only 50k cars in year 1. Keep in mind the Mustang coupe is and has always been (since 1964) a symbol of Ford, and yet last year they only sold roughly 100k worldwide. So, that "paltry" Mach E figure would represent a 50% increase in sales for the brand. Since that 50k sales figure appears to be limited only by battery availability, assuming they can get more batteries in year 2 sales of the MME could exceed the coupe if it lives up to its promise.

In any case, every analyst's article I've read since last November has listed the Mach E as one of 3 critical things for Ford's turnaround; the other 2 being the new F-150 and the Bronco. The first of the 3 to be delivered will be the Mach E, making it even more critical for the MME launch to be successful from the get-go. The Mach E will also be perceived as a bellwether for Ford in the EV space, making its successful debut even more important. A poor MME showing would certainly be the death knell for Hackett and probably others, absolutely affecting the future of Ford.

OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Yeah to the man that bought in the low $4s - you have almost doubled your money lol

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Country flag
Not Mach E effect - yet:

FORD POSTS BEST RETAIL SHARE IN FIVE YEARS -- DRIVEN BY ‘BUILT FOR AMERICA’ PROGRAM AND STRONG SHARE GAINS COMING FROM PICKUPS, VANS, EXPLORER AND MUSTANG
JUL 2, 2020 | DEARBORN, MICH.

1593694623969.jpg

2020 Ford Transit

DEARBORN, Mich., July 2, 2020 – Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) today reported its second quarter 2020 U.S. sales results. Click here or visit media.ford.com to view the news release.

Attachments

JamieGeek

Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Thor Axis, former C-Max Energi, former Focus Electric
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Ford is doing a good job in the marketplace, I think after this COVID stuff they are positioned well to accelerate sales with the new F series, Ranger, Mach, Explorer, etc.

JamieGeek

Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Thor Axis, former C-Max Energi, former Focus Electric
Country flag