First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Model y in colors as the mach e doesn't come in either adds 2k for red
Mach e doesn't have the aero wheels which adds another 2k. 52990 plus 4k equals 56990
Mach e has the 7500 tax credit. That is a fair comparison for prrmium
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Model y in colors as the mach e doesn't come in either adds 2k for red
Mach e doesn't have the aero wheels which adds another 2k. 52990 plus 4k equals 56990
Mach e has the 7500 tax credit. That is a fair comparison for prrmium
I have a red Premium AWD ER with light interior on reservation. The Model Y equivalent is $56k.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Straight from Tesla Model Y dual motor AWD, 19 inch stock aero wheels, RED, white interior , AP = 55,990. 20 inch wheels as found on your GT version will add $2000. meaning the Y is 57,990 full price.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes but don’t forget the Mach E is eligible for the full $7500 federal tax credit.

SSman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3
Country flag
I took that as a bit of spin. In a narrow sense it may be true. Meaning, the price they're selling each one for may exceed the cost of the raw materials and labor to build it. But it'll take em a long time and a lot of sales to recover all they money they poured into the R&D and the expansion into electrification (which will include more than just the Mach-e).

So it depends on how you count it. They need to put a good spin on it for investors.
Agree with this. They aren't losing money on each vehicle sold but I doubt all the development costs will be recouped from the first Mach-E sold. It's all wrapped up in Ford's EV plans for the future so it's impossible to carve out the total cost of the Mach-E, with the creation of Team Edison, the EV campus, etc.

Ford is still hitting fresh 10 year lows. I think it's a good long term buying opportunity but I'm waiting to pull the trigger due to the macro risks (coronavirus, trade war, election year) that is likely to pull down a weak stock like F even further IMO.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
If F drops much more it will be in danger of being delisted from the exchange. F would likely be forced to do a reverse stock split to avoid delisting.

Eventually, F will hit $16 a share again. Five year plan.

SSman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3
Country flag
It's not just Ford but FCA just hit fresh 52 week lows too. The transition to EVs is going to be messy to the bottom line of many automakers and then of course the macro issues like coronavirus will hit everyone. I still think Ford is good in the long term but it will take a while.

OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I'm in F for an average of $7.60/share. Loaded up to lower my average today @ $6.15/share. Ford is going to be alright and in 5 years I see $16+ again.

Lower fuel prices are only going to boost truck and SUV sales. If It keeps going down I have more cash on hand willing to invest into F.

They have 30B cash on hand so plenty of money to survive another recession (typically two to three years max). If F goes under we have more serious problems than money in this country to worry about.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just bought a bunch at $4.90. It was as low as $4.75 earlier today -- a great time to buy.