First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Yes you understand correctly
You keep more of your money under Options than under a lease. Simple math. Cap reduction or higher residual returns the money at the end of the lease period. Options returns it before the end of the lease period.

If someone was paying you $3600, would you want it paid out at $100/month over 36 months or as a lump in month 10? HINT: It's why God invented JG Wentworth, 877-CASH-NOW.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
At this point you've devolved into lying. My point is that the ONLY instance the Model Y is less expensive is when you compare a lower trim level Model Y with a higher trim level MME. Compare comparable trim levels and the MME is always less expensive. In fact even when you compare a lower trim level Model Y with a higher trim level MME the only way you can get the Model Y to be cheaper is to include sales tax calculations that involve somewhat dubious assumptions.

You say that this means I "find no fault with them". This is misleading. I find fault with the comparisons, and the comparisons are at the core of what matters and what doesn't.

Given how wed you are to your pre-existing narrative, I don't expect you to accept any of this even though it's obvious. So you persist, for what seems to be an obvious reason. LOL

You truly do not know what you are writing about:

There are two Model Y:

Long Range: $49,990
Performance $59,990

All our discussions have been very, very clear to everyone but you: we are dealing with the long range at MSRP $49,990.

If you have something to say, rather than continue to post non sequiturs, those are welcome.

Your statements with no meaning, off topic and with no basis are tedious.

Give it a rest!

PS: I see you own a Volt: Why are you even concerned about the MME.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
PS: I see you own a Volt: Why are you even concerned about the MME.
You claim to own a 2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic, 2018 Ford Edge Sport, and 2008 Porsche Boxster. Who cares?!

Geez guys. You are fighting over nonsense that you've each already made up your minds about. What is the point?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
BTW we still dont have the residuals for the normal lease so for now everybody just chill.
You can ask your dealer what would be the residual on a 4 year lease. In september before they change all that, meaning depreciating the car more and having a buy back at a lower value, the buy back then was $22,800 on a Premium SR AWD IB. BTW here in Quebec at least we dont pay the taxes upfront but on the monthly or bi-weekly payment amount. Look carefully on the Ford calculator and you will see it right away. If you buy you will see that they add $9756 of taxes before subtracting the Quebec $8,000 incentives making the cost of the car at $66,901, but if you lease you'll see that they will subtract $6,959 for the incentives thus making the car price at $58,186 and a monthly tax cost of $171 included in the payment. The only explanation I have now is that Ford is foreseeing something in the tech coming up developping more rapidly then expected thus the fastest depreciation which explains the lower value of the buyback, which explains the highest monthly payment.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I’m just trying to figure out how Ford justifies such a drastically different lease program than the rest of the market.

6 years ago I leased a BMW i3, after tax with a $5000 trade in allowance for less than $400 a month (3yr/10k miles). I think the MSRP was around $46k

3 years later in 2017 I leased the new BoltEV with NO money down, including tax, for less than $450/mo on a 3yr, 10k mile/yr lease. MSRP was around $44k

I’m sure the MachE is a nicer vehicle and I am prepared to pay more. But considering the numbers that I’ve been told by my dealer and ascertained from this site, a 3yr 10k mi/yr lease on a Premium RWD SR $47k MSRP MachE, after tax would be north of $750 a month at best.

@hybrid2bev

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
You can ask your dealer what would be the residual on a 4 year lease. In september before they change all that, meaning depreciating the car more and having a buy back at a lower value, the buy back then was $22,800 on a Premium SR AWD IB. BTW here in Quebec at least we dont pay the taxes upfront but on the monthly or bi-weekly payment amount. Look carefully on the Ford calculator and you will see it right away. If you buy you will see that they add $9756 of taxes before subtracting the Quebec $8,000 incentives making the cost of the car at $66,901, but if you lease you'll see that they will subtract $6,959 for the incentives thus making the car price at $58,186 and a monthly tax cost of $171 included in the payment. The only explanation I have now is that Ford is foreseeing something in the tech coming up developping more rapidly then expected thus the fastest depreciation which explains the lower value of the buyback, which explains the highest monthly payment.
With that buyback the lease would be 758$/month tax included which makes sense. There is no issue with that lease and its what im hoping for.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m just trying to figure out how Ford justifies such a drastically different lease program than the rest of the market.

6 years ago I leased a BMW i3, after tax with a $5000 trade in allowance for less than $400 a month (3yr/10k miles). I think the MSRP was around $46k

3 years later in 2017 I leased the new BoltEV with NO money down, including tax, for less than $450/mo on a 3yr, 10k mile/yr lease. MSRP was around $44k

I’m sure the MachE is a nicer vehicle and I am prepared to pay more. But considering the numbers that I’ve been told by my dealer and ascertained from this site, a 3yr 10k mi/yr lease on a Premium RWD SR $47k MSRP MachE, after tax would be north of $750 a month at best.
I think the problem with your numbers and your dealers numbers is that everyone is doing the math with the options values which has a very low residual for buyers to use their tax credit. So obviously the upfront lease payments would be high. You cannot use the tax credit for the traditional leasse and since Ford has not released the traditional residuals we cant calculate the right amount and are just guessing

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For the US friends that canadian lease would be 583US$

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I think the problem with your numbers and your dealers numbers is that everyone is doing the math with the options values which has a very low residual for buyers to use their tax credit. So obviously the upfront lease payments would be high. You cannot use the tax credit for the traditional leasse and since Ford has not released the traditional residuals we cant calculate the right amount and are just guessing
My understanding is that lease residuals HAVE been determined and dealers know them now. @hybrid2bev has even tacitly confirmed a 55% residual on 3yr 15k/year lease. We have also seen the 5+% financing charge for the RCL.
Adjusting the RV to 58% for 3yr 10k/yr and plugging in a .002 MF with 6.25% TX sales tax, what’s currently listed a $1000 incentive for my area, and no money down, it comes in at $809/mo

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My understanding is that lease residuals HAVE been determined and dealers know them now. @hybrid2bev has even tacitly confirmed a 55% residual on 3yr 15k/year lease. We have also seen the 5+% financing charge for the RCL.
Adjusting the RV to 58% for 3yr 10k/yr and plugging in a .002 MF with 6.25% TX sales tax, what’s currently listed a $1000 incentive for my area, and no money down, it comes in at $809/mo
Thats for the PREMIUM RWD SR?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I’m pretty sure the $1000 incentives are for Options not leasing. I haven’t seen any lease cash/rebates. But I didn’t check the C&I grid yesterday.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I’m pretty sure the $1000 incentives are for Options not leasing. I haven’t seen any lease cash/rebates. But I didn’t check the C&I grid yesterday.
No incentives? No problem! ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Financing and RCL Leasing Program Announced E06FFC1C-9810-49EB-AF14-3DE79A75EC37

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So what i see here is that either you take an options plan that uses the incentives at a lower interest rate but low residual or a lease with higher residual but much higher interest rate thus resulting in a high lease rate. Your numbers most likely are right. So you need to make a decision at delivery like I do. They havent been publicly announced just privately so they can still change. Maybe this is why dealers cant divulge them yet.
Sponsored