Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Got it. That's new to me. The order-related emails I've received from Ford don't have that link. Instead they have a link to the reservation page in my Ford online account which does not display the VIN (and looks completely different from the one you see).

Did you reserve online and also complete the order online?
I did reserve online, right after the initial debut...took forever because the page kept crashing, but I think I had my reservation in within the first 30 minutes. When I completed the order, there were also problems with the Ford website, so I called my dealer and finalized everything over the phone.
Sponsored

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
How are people getting their VIN to put in the tracking thread?
Hi Matthew...all of my info, (including the VIN) appeared once I clicked the tracking link from the initial email, (the top image.)

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Hi Matthew...all of my info, (including the VIN) appeared once I clicked the tracking link from the initial email, (the top image.)
I have a build week. My email didnt have a tracking link. The link sends me to my order page on the website

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
I did reserve online, right after the initial debut...took forever because the page kept crashing, but I think I had my reservation in within the first 30 minutes. When I completed the order, there were also problems with the Ford website, so I called my dealer and finalized everything over the phone.
That must be the reason for the different links then.

I am very curious now though - if you go to your Ford account online and in the settings area, click on the "orders and reservations" tile, are you able to see your Mach-E GT reservation and order details there as well? If so, you should be able to use the tool I posted a link to above. That might be an interesting exercise in your case to see if the ViNs match.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have a build week. My email didnt have a tracking link. The link sends me to my order page on the website
The way it was ordered and what the dealer did determine what you see to some extent.

for instance, my Ford login acct, shows my pre-order with only "contact dealer" link. I did get the scheduled for production week 7/19 email, but nothing about the VIN till I called Ford and had them crosscheck the dealer/order number. No further info or tracking since. Ford said to call them back around the build date to get a better ETA to dealer.

Last edited:

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
At this point I am going to re-tell the classic, 'The Telltale Heart' but as the, 'Ford New Car Production Date'.

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE, 2023 Velociraptor
Occupation
self employed
Country flag
I still have a bronco on order and it’s the same crap over there. constant delays and disappoint.

I'm almost ready to give up on my Bronco order. Just got an email last week that said unless I am willing to accept a soft top, or a gray hard top, I am looking at it ending up a 2023 model.

And since I ordered a blue Outer Banks with matching hardtop, a soft top or gray hard top is not an option........
Sponsored