John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
In the middle of Ford Buy back ! (Substitution of Collateral ) was approved and waiting for new build.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2024 Mach-E GT Order Production Email 1710502292684-ah
Sponsored

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Crazy that you can order, get a build date……and still not have details on what you’re buying.
Hopefully its not because some of that information would be disappointing or upsetting to customers.... not that us early GT buyers would know anything about that.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Wow people are still custom ordering MME. Is the deal good on the 2024? Based on the resale history, MME is definitely at the bottom of my list right now if I am looking for EV.

OP
OP

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F-150, 2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
Country flag
Wow people are still custom ordering MME. Is the deal good on the 2024? Based on the resale history, MME is definitely at the bottom of my list right now if I am looking for EV.
There are plenty of Select and Premium, maybe even GTs for 2023 model year. I ordered a 2024 because I wanted the GT Rally (new for 2024 model year).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Which EV has a good resale history right now?

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So many beats the resale of MME. Man a 22 GT 28K miles with $66K MSRP clean history for sale at $37K. Jeez that depreciation. If my MME isn't worth shit I would upgrade to this GT.

https://www.fordofconshohocken.com/used-Conshohocken-2022-Ford-Mustang+Mach+E-GT-3FMTK4SEXNMA08307
So many like such as?

And you can’t use MSRP when there was a 7500 tax credit to compare resale value.

But if you want to compare:
A 2022 Tesla Model Y performance was….. $67,990. Used ones are the same price or lower than that GT you just posted.

So I will ask again, what EV has a good resale these days?

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So many like such as?

And you can’t use MSRP when there was a 7500 tax credit to compare resale value.

But if you want to compare:
A 2022 Tesla Model Y performance was….. $67,990. Used ones are the same price or lower than that GT you just posted.

So I will ask again, what EV has a good resale these days?
I think BMW i5 M40, rivian R1, and some others beat MME in resale. A new MYP is 44K after credit if buying inventory. GT is around $55K. So used MYP being similar priced as GT is doing pretty good if you ask me.

anyway, I don't really care. People can buy whatever they want. It just won't be my top choice at this current moment especially with the $7500 gone. I will grab a used GT instead.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think BMW i5 M40, rivian R1, and some others beat MME in resale. A new MYP is 44K after credit if buying inventory. GT is around $55K. So used MYP being similar priced as GT is doing pretty good if you ask me.

anyway, I don't really care. People can buy whatever they want. It just won't be my top choice at this current moment especially with the $7500 gone. I will grab a used GT instead.
FWIW you can buy a new GT in the low 40s right now.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2024 Mach-E GT Order Production Email IMG_9901

But this is the exact reason why the used prices are so cheap. Tesla and now Ford dropped the new prices so much in the last year it’s killing resale.

Yes, BMW and Rivian might be a little better for now since they have almost no competition in their categories and are still newer and less of them out there.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It’s almost as if they DONT want to sell them…… 🤷‍♂️
Well, there is kinda a lot of inventory out there...

But yeah, it's kinda not a good look for the website to only show 2023 models on the Ides of March. I guess someone is afraid of getting stabbed in the back or something...! 🤣

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, there is kinda a lot of inventory out there...

But yeah, it's kinda not a good look for the website to only show 2023 models on the Ides of March. I guess someone is afraid of getting stabbed in the back or something...! 🤣
Yeah, I was kinda being snarky. It’s pretty obvious Ford is hiding details on the 2024s until they sell through more of the 2023s.

It’s actually pretty kind of them to do this…….for the dealers.

As far as Ford is concerned, they sold out all the 2023 models when they were delivered to the dealerships. We buy cars from dealers, dealers buy cars from Ford.

But Ford kinda knows their customers (dealers) aren’t going to buy any 2024 Mach Es unless Ford helps them unload the 2023s first. Which they are.

I kinda wonder the logistics of the lower MSRP. Since invoice = MSRP with our cars, did they send $$ back to the dealers for the cars that have been on their lots for 200+ days?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I kinda wonder the logistics of the lower MSRP. Since invoice = MSRP with our cars, did they send $$ back to the dealers for the cars that have been on their lots for 200+ days?
Yeah, I’ve wondered that too.
Sponsored