Mach E issues.. Hello Ford are you listening ?

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Add the buzzing noise from the IPC..
Funny thing is my IPC is "quiet".
When I put my ear directly on it, I can hear a buzzing, but that's it.

But I bring the charging noise (mostly in europe) to the list.
Sponsored

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
I work in the tech field and my customers include the OEMs (but not Ford). The persistent software issues suggest a few things to me:

1) Ford’s software group is understaffed. Persistent problems like these imply that there isn’t sufficient time nor DevOps resources devoted to problem identification, resolution, and testing.

2) A significant fraction of their DevOps resources are 3rd party partners who use simulators rather than actual vehicles for integration testing (and possibly for evaluating reported bugs). Simulators are great for dev, but not real world test.

3) Bug reporting itself may be fragmented (which is very common). Even in my company, by the time reported software problems make it to the DevOps team, they’ve been rendered practically useless due to the mechanisms that combine like issues, look for commonalities, and (almost inevitably) remove important details and context.
Well in FMC's defense, fewer employees, simming, and outsourcing are all cheaper than the alternatives.

How else are they supposed to compete with tent-built EVs with zero QC costs and a $10k vaporware charge per unit?

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Funny thing is my IPC is "quiet".
When I put my ear directly on it, I can hear a buzzing, but that's it.

But I bring the charging noise (mostly in europe) to the list.

I think it varies by car, but also on the frequency your ears can hear..

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
  1. Phone as a Key is still not working correctly even with the latest update (21b36). Sometimes I will approach the vehicle with a phone only and it will sense my presence (parking lights come on) and let me open the door but then when I get in and press the start button it shows “NO KEY FOUND” and if I just sit for 30 to 60 seconds and try again the vehicle will allow me to power up. So I went to my ford dealer and purchased another FOB which works every time..
  2. User Profiles don’t always work.. I have 2 profiles setup #1 for myself (FOB and PAAK) and #2 for my wife (FOB and PAAK). 99% of the time I am the person using the car and when I get in the car most times it picks my wife’s profile (#2) even though her phone or FOB are no where near the vehicle and if I push the #1 on the door it will switch to my profile.
  3. Brake Coach only works in “Engage mode” even though it is enabled in all 3 driving modes it only shows up when you come to a stop in Engage mode.
  4. Sirius XM forgets last station. Not always but occasionally when I enter the vehicle and I turn it on the radio defaults to “Sirius XM Hits 1” station which isn’t even one of my memorized stations and I have to change it to my preferred station.
  5. Cruise Control stops working.. I have had 2 occasions while driving a message “Intelligent Cruise Control Not Available” would pop up while Cruise control was engaged and could only be reset by stopping vehicle and cycling power.
  6. Rebooting while driving. This past week I took my first long distance trip with my Mach-E from North Carolina to Delray Beach Florida and after about 2 hours into trip the Radio stopped playing then the large touch screen went black and then after about 10 seconds the Ford Logo appeared and it reboot while driving.
  7. Destinations Suggestions pops up even though it is turned off. I have turned off both “Predicted Destination Alerts” and “Destination Suggestions” but every now and then I will turn on the vehicle and it will automatically start a route in the navigation system even though it has been disabled.
#1. Is the most annoying aspect. I really wish my PAAK worked. I’m really surprised Ford let this out so unfinished. So how do you know if a dealer software update is available? My car says it is “up to date”. Every time I get escalated to the SUV team & then the technology team; no resolution. Love the car but wish PAAK worked!!! Maybe Elon could lend Ford a software technician for a weekend. Sounds like Tesla’s is bullet proof.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
The biggest glitch I have - and I know I'm not the only one - is that I have to open another door (not the hatch) before the driver's door will respond with wake on approach. If I manually unlock the car, then it is fine. The response is the same with the fob or PaaK. I'm using an iPhone 11, and PaaK seems no different than the fob for me, but manually unlocking the car is much easier with the fob than on the phone, of course.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The biggest glitch I have - and I know I'm not the only one - is that I have to open another door (not the hatch) before the driver's door will respond with wake on approach. If I manually unlock the car, then it is fine. The response is the same with the fob or PaaK. I'm using an iPhone 11, and PaaK seems no different than the fob for me, but manually unlocking the car is much easier with the fob than on the phone, of course.
There’s an SSM for that I believe. Call your dealer.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I got the propulsion sound not turning on glitch today. Is that one that usually clears on its own? I saw it in some of the early videos, but haven’t heard much about it since.
There’s an SSM for that I believe. Call your dealer.
Thanks! Scheduled for Friday. A new one for me today, the propulsion sound setting won’t stick. I saw that on some early review videos, but haven’t heard much about it since. I haven’t restarted the car since, is that one that goes away on a reboot or restart?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
A new one for me today, the propulsion sound setting won’t stick. I saw that on some early review videos, but haven’t heard much about it since. I haven’t restarted the car since, is that one that goes away on a reboot or restart?
I get that one from time to time. It always goes away after I shut down the car for an undetermined period of time. I haven't bothered trying a synch reset for it yet though as not having the propulsion sound isn't all that important to me.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I guess I will just sit tight until OTA come available, I am also waiting for them to release "Blue Cruise" which I think should be coming this fall
You're going to trust it?

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
Add "Reverse Brake Assist not available. See manual" I have seen this one several times. The local dealer clears the error codes and tells me the vehicle is fine.

IMG_0341.jpg
I got this one for the first time last week. Manual said I must have a door open. They were not open, but I did open and close the frunk and I haven't seen this message since. Maybe just a coincidence but for now it fixed the issue

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
I have asked my contact at Ford a few times about having some kind of bug tracking site. I think just having a place to see what bugs have been submitted, and that they are working on them would help quite a bit. Even if it just shows a status of, bug received, investigating, and then resolved, with a note of what update includes the fix.

Right now we report stuff, and then just hope someday they address it, and have no way of really knowing if they are working the issue or not.
Welcome to the tech business. Our customers ask for the same ability, but it's very hard for our sales and support staff to provide the answers because we don't get them either.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
  1. Phone as a Key is still not working correctly even with the latest update (21b36). Sometimes I will approach the vehicle with a phone only and it will sense my presence (parking lights come on) and let me open the door but then when I get in and press the start button it shows “NO KEY FOUND” and if I just sit for 30 to 60 seconds and try again the vehicle will allow me to power up. So I went to my ford dealer and purchased another FOB which works every time..
  2. User Profiles don’t always work.. I have 2 profiles setup #1 for myself (FOB and PAAK) and #2 for my wife (FOB and PAAK). 99% of the time I am the person using the car and when I get in the car most times it picks my wife’s profile (#2) even though her phone or FOB are no where near the vehicle and if I push the #1 on the door it will switch to my profile.
  3. Brake Coach only works in “Engage mode” even though it is enabled in all 3 driving modes it only shows up when you come to a stop in Engage mode.
  4. Sirius XM forgets last station. Not always but occasionally when I enter the vehicle and I turn it on the radio defaults to “Sirius XM Hits 1” station which isn’t even one of my memorized stations and I have to change it to my preferred station.
  5. Cruise Control stops working.. I have had 2 occasions while driving a message “Intelligent Cruise Control Not Available” would pop up while Cruise control was engaged and could only be reset by stopping vehicle and cycling power.
  6. Rebooting while driving. This past week I took my first long distance trip with my Mach-E from North Carolina to Delray Beach Florida and after about 2 hours into trip the Radio stopped playing then the large touch screen went black and then after about 10 seconds the Ford Logo appeared and it reboot while driving.
  7. Destinations Suggestions pops up even though it is turned off. I have turned off both “Predicted Destination Alerts” and “Destination Suggestions” but every now and then I will turn on the vehicle and it will automatically start a route in the navigation system even though it has been disabled.
Hi there, Rob! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having– If you'd like to, go ahead and send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thanks!

OP
OP
Rob C

Rob C

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X
Country flag
OK with the PAAK sometimes when I approach the lights dont come on and when I push the button on the drives door I hear some relays clicking or something and then if I wait another second or two and push the button again the door opens.. but then once I enter and sit down and push the start button i get the message "No Key Found" it works 100% of the time with a FOB

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
OK with the PAAK sometimes when I approach the lights dont come on and when I push the button on the drives door I hear some relays clicking or something and then if I wait another second or two and push the button again the door opens.. but then once I enter and sit down and push the start button i get the message "No Key Found" it works 100% of the time with a FOB
In which pocket do you keep your phone?
Sponsored