Ford Credit Users - Are you able to access your portal?

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
For the past month or so, I have not been able to view anything after logging in with my user name, password, and MFA in Ford Credit. All I get after putting in all of my details on any device and browser whether on or off of wifi is a "400 Bad Request - Request Header Or Cookie Too Large" error on a white page. Is anyone else running into this? I tried calling Ford Credit and ended up in an endless loop of robotic menu options even when asking for a representative and submitting a message for help on their website gave me the following extremely useless message (yes, I know how to clear cookies. Thanks a lot, Ford Credit... 😒). Has anyone else run into this and found a way to fix it???

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Credit Users - Are you able to access your portal? 1707941809893
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
For the past month or so, I have not been able to view anything after logging in with my user name, password, and MFA in Ford Credit. All I get after putting in all of my details on any device and browser whether on or off of wifi is a "400 Bad Request - Request Header Or Cookie Too Large" error on a white page. Is anyone else running into this? I tried calling Ford Credit and ended up in an endless loop of robotic menu options even when asking for a representative and submitting a message for help on their website gave me the following extremely useless message (yes, I know how to clear cookies. Thanks a lot, Ford Credit... 😒). Has anyone else run into this and found a way to fix it???

1707941809893.png
I get the same issue occasionally at work. The only way I've found around it is to use Microsoft Edge as the browser instead of Chrome.

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I get the same issue occasionally at work. The only way I've found around it is to use Microsoft Edge as the browser instead of Chrome.
Interesting. I exclusively use Edge on PC and mobile. 😂

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Credit Users - Are you able to access your portal? 1707941809893
I’ve been using the app via Apple

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just tried, via Chrome. Got in fine. I have authentication turned on. Worked no problem.

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, what do you know? The app works and trying it on an in-private browsing session in Edge works. Not sure why it doesn't work in a normal browser session, but anyway. I am in successfully now.

ack154

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
Both the app and the website (via Chrome, at work) work fine for me. Zero issues with either or 2FA.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
from time to time I've had problem accessing with google chrome and then I go to edge. I'm wondering if perhaps it's a cookies issue and clearing cookies might fix it?

dwst480

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023.5 Vapor Blue MME Premium RWD ER, 2015 Mazda6
Country flag
from time to time I've had problem accessing with google chrome and then I go to edge. I'm wondering if perhaps it's a cookies issue and clearing cookies might fix it?
Speaking from general experience (not specifically the Ford Credit website), this is a good bet. If the OP is able to access it in a private session in the same browser where it doesn't work otherwise, clearing cookies/cache is often the answer.

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Speaking from general experience (not specifically the Ford Credit website), this is a good bet. If the OP is able to access it in a private session in the same browser where it doesn't work otherwise, clearing cookies/cache is often the answer.
Sadly, clearing the cookies had not done it, which is why I noted that. Either way, the in-private session allowed me to do what I needed to do, so I'm all set.

dwst480

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023.5 Vapor Blue MME Premium RWD ER, 2015 Mazda6
Country flag
Sadly, clearing the cookies had not done it, which is why I noted that. Either way, the in-private session allowed me to do what I needed to do, so I'm all set.
Sorry, I missed that you’d said that.

caplanm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium eAWD Grabber Blue
Country flag
I haven't had any luck with Chrome or MS Edge. I am able to access the Ford Credit Account Manager with Firefox

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was having issues with a 403 response when trying to open this new Ford Credit Portal. It was fixed when I cleared the cookies from ford.ca ( or ford.com for fellas south the border ).

But, even after clearing cookies it took a while to actually be able to sync accounts from the old credit portal as this one was not work properly as well (needed to get the account number).

This just confirms that Software Development and testing is not the strong suit for Ford and all the legacy car manufacturers. Also, they seem to be using Azure for their log-in backend now =/
Sponsored