ecorderob

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Today is cold in Finland -9C. I started the car 15 mins in advance because if I set the departure time the car loads to 100% (but that is another issue).

when I went into the car, both the seats and wheel were heated. I put reverse and start moving the car. Meanwhile I too the heating of the wheel off and when I tried to take the heating off the seats off…. No way. Totally unresponsive and the seats warmer and warmer.

finally Iput the car into parking mode and a soon as the rear camera disappeared from the screen, then I was able to press the button.

Quite basic bug that can drain your battery quickly. Please Ford fix it!
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Go get your vehicle updated at the dealer if you haven't already.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Today is cold in Finland -9C. I started the car 15 mins in advance because if I set the departure time the car loads to 100% (but that is another issue).

when I went into the car, both the seats and wheel were heated. I put reverse and start moving the car. Meanwhile I too the heating of the wheel off and when I tried to take the heating off the seats off…. No way. Totally unresponsive and the seats warmer and warmer.

finally Iput the car into parking mode and a soon as the rear camera disappeared from the screen, then I was able to press the button.

Agree with @SnBGC
That's a feature not a bug. Screens are disabled while in reverse.

Put it in drive and once the backup cameras turn off the screen should re-enable. Happens all the time to me because the seats are blazing hot when pre-conditioning. I try to remember to make the changes before we get going.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
You may also be surprised how little power a seat heater uses; dunno about the Mach-E specifically but I think the Bolt/Volt for example draw around 50W while operating. To fully drain an 88kWh battery, it would have to run for a little over two months straight.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Is there a small "A" on the heated seat control? Then it's on Auto and controlled by your other Climate Control settings. Just read this in the Owner's manual today. Go look at Seats on the manual.

OP
OP

ecorderob

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Agree with @SnBGC
That's a feature not a bug. Screens are disabled while in reverse.

Put it in drive and once the backup cameras turn off the screen should re-enable. Happens all the time to me because the seats are blazing hot when pre-conditioning. I try to remember to make the changes before we get going.
thanks! Good to know.

From my point of view of it is a feature it should be clearer for the user, for example showing those options disabled while the camera is on. But it just falls into user experience ?
Sponsored