chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Today I left my car on with the 30 min shut down timer. My intention was to get the LVB charged a little more.

When I went back to the car about 45 mins later the car was off but Sync screen and radio was still on. I am lucky I went back to the car and noticed it before it drained the battery.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another bug draining the 12v battery 20220207_094128
Sponsored

IamIA

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3 & i3s, Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I have been stressing my battery system for 3 months now, 5 times a week for about 15 minutes at a time by using an electric pump that draws about 10 Amps in order to pump my inflatable paddleboard. Never was there any message about low state of charge in LVB displayed. If there was some kind inherent problem with LVB and HVB problem, i would have seen it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another bug draining the 12v battery 20211216_154839

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Today I left my car on with the 30 min shut down timer. My intention was to get the LVB charged a little more.
Please tell me that your motivation for charging the LVB "a little more" was due to a measurement / error code and not a reaction to reading messages on this forum about 12V problems others are having...

OP
OP
chrisGT

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Please tell me that your motivation for charging the LVB "a little more" was due to a measurement / error code and not a reaction to reading messages on this forum about 12V problems others are having...
I never got a notification for low LVB but I have seen the LVB on 50-60% SoC a few time using my OBD reader. So it was a combination of reaction to messages on this forum and an observation that the LVB was at 60%-ish SOC.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I never got a notification for low LVB but I have seen the LVB on 50-60% SoC a few time using my OBD reader. So it was a combination of reaction to messages on this forum and an observation that the LVB was at 60%-ish SOC.
Itā€™s normal for it to get that low, and it charges it back up again. If your vehicle was in Ready mode I donā€™t know why youā€™re worried the sync screen was on?

OP
OP
chrisGT

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Itā€™s normal for it to get that low, and it charges it back up again. If your vehicle was in Ready mode I donā€™t know why youā€™re worried the sync screen was on?
the point of my post is that a bug left Sync on. The car was completely off. You can see the instrument screen is off too, all internal and external lights off, all climate off, all cooling pumps off (no noise). But Sync stayed on. That is a bug that could have drained the battery similar to the other bug in the recent TSB where the instrument panel backlight stays on. . I have left my car on with a shutdown timer several times, this is the first time this happened.

Joe Tennies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
There is supposedly a SW Update for the "screen doesn't turn off" issue. My Ford dealer installed it for me.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
If you're worried about the LVB why not simply set a daily "Go" time: The car (should) automatically power up, warm up the car and then shut off if you don't "Go" anywhere. While its alive warming the battery it will also be charging the LVB.

I used to do that with my Focus Electric when out on vacation: Set a couple of "Go" times and it was good.

(Granted some people have been having issues with the departure times working at all but that is a separate issue LOL.)

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I forgot a ODBii Bluetooth adapter connected on the car, the next day I received a warning on the FordPass app about possible ghost drain. Iā€™m happy they have that kind of warning.
Sponsored