Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Sometimes itā€™s better to not know the edge cases by being on the forum, but knowledge is power and in the very unlikely scenario you have these issues you know what to do and how to diagnose and what the next steps usually are

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You guys need to stop building the legend. It is totally false that I drove 4,000 miles after my SVS failure. It was about 3,800 miles. Please stop exaggerating.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I really think that Mach-Lee and RichMachE are the same person. Both drive red premium 4x, and had prolonged HVBJB failure.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You guys need to stop building the legend. It is totally false that I drove 4,000 miles after my SVS failure. It was about 3,800 miles. Please stop exaggerating.
I'd also throw out there that this was with my wife in the car, and we were finishing day 2 of a 14 day trip. Unlike some others on this forum, I'm not afraid of my wife :p, and she doesn't freak out at things like this. We were disappointed that we skipped our 2-3 brewery stop because we wanted to make sure that the car continued to drive, and simply headed for our hotel an hour away.

And we drove in very desolate areas in the next days, including parts of Utah where there was NOTHING, including cell reception.

Given how many people say "my wife won't let me go on a trip because we might have trouble charging" and I charged at truck stops in tiny towns at midnight, I should get a gold medal. o_O:p

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I had 2 failures, not one left me on the side of the road. I drove the second SVS for 1200 miles. I would have drove it further but my stupid service appointment was only 4 weeks out.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
this past summer I road tripped from Delaware to Cleveland and before leaving I told my wife of the possibilities of the HVBJB failing. I explained what happens and what the outcome would be and her response was "Dont Drive like an a$$h0le"

Great trip, non issue for me,

Tony

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I was lucky and was able to bring in my car the same day that I got the SVS message. I feel bad for you guys that have to wait a month for an appointment.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
this past summer I road tripped from Delaware to Cleveland and before leaving I told my wife of the possibilities of the HVBJB failing. I explained what happens and what the outcome would be and her response was "Dont Drive like an a$$h0le"

Great trip, non issue for me,

Tony
Except that criteria isn't the sole determinant. We were driving with BlueCruise on between 75 and 78mph. Happened to be on a call with our granddaughter (my wife was on the call, I was just listening). We had last DC fast charged about 45 minutes prior, and that charge was only to 62%.

You can't predict when this is going to happen. At this point, I'll likely take my Lightning on long distance trips, if any, prior to finding out if the recall is a new part or not.

GatorGrowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e Premium ER RWD
Country flag
As long as you donā€™t push your car to its limits often, I donā€™t think you have much to worry about with a 2023. The software fix was already in place. As for the 12v battery draining, if you drive at least a few times a week youā€™re fine. If itā€™s going to sit for a while between drives, may be good to invest in a trickle charger.
Either way, a LVB jump isnā€™t difficult. Itā€™s just not as easy as an ICE.
Sponsored