dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
After waiting since November 2021 I received my car on 08/17 and had it only for 4 days before realize it came defective. On 08/18 my TPS broke (or came broken) and on 08/21 a message popped up saying
Limited performance due to hot battery.
After 3 days in the dealership they told me the chiller wasn’t working and its on back order and can take months until the car is repaired.
Btw the car was delivered on 68% charge the same percentage that i started to have overheated messages. Thats my first time buying Ford.

@Ford Motor Company

60F2FB75-D74C-4EF6-840E-4075F2CB4A76.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
That’s a real bummer. I would need a temporary car if this happened to me. I hope they take good care of you!
No they didnt. My dealership send me to Enterprise for a rental and they gave me Rav4 after 2 hours waiting there. So i will drive basic rav4 and paying $800 per month for Mach e

pcpacker

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
No they didnt. My dealership send me to Enterprise for a rental and they gave me Rav4 after 2 hours waiting there. So i will drive basic rav4 and paying $800 per month for Mach e
That’s better than nothing I guess. But I get your frustration.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Sounds to me like you were screwed by a defective part, not by Ford. I'm sure if Ford had its way you would be driving the MME. Hang in there and make sure your car is completely tested before you take it back.

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Sounds to me like you were screwed by a defective part, not by Ford. I'm sure if Ford had its way you would be driving the MME. Hang in there and make sure your car is completely tested before you take it back.
Ford is manufacturer, Ford get paid by me to deliver working product which i sign agreement for. Thats a brand new car. Of course you can blame for this the defective part or you can also blame the worker John for not supervising the machines but in the end of the day all is assembled by Ford and its Ford responsibility to take care of their customers.
I also understand that if something didn’t happen to you its not a big deal but thats why I wrote this post for people who try to decide if the wait is worth it and also how Ford treats their customers if something happened.
Because we hope for the best with our mach es but you never know.

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD base as base can be
Occupation
YouTuber
Country flag
I hope they reimburse some or all the fuel costs of that loaner as well.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
You need to call Ford and get a case opened. This is really bad luck for you, and I totally get the frustration but Ford doesn't benefit from screwing you with a faulty part. They gave a new customer a bad experience, they have to pay for your rental, and they have to pay parts and labor to fix your car. With that said, they should try to make it right with you however they can.

They paid one month of my car loan when I had to drop off my previous Mach-e multiple times for an issue with the backup camera.

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
You need to call Ford and get a case opened. This is really bad luck for you, and I totally get the frustration but Ford doesn't benefit from screwing you with a faulty part. They gave a new customer a bad experience, they have to pay for your rental, and they have to pay parts and labor to fix your car. With that said, they should try to make it right with you however they can.

They paid one month of my car loan when I had to drop off my previous Mach-e multiple times for an issue with the backup camera.
I do have opened case and the guy who is taking care of is great. He made the dealership to work on my vehicle after sitting in the dealership unchecked. Today unfortunately the service team manager called me to tell me the part is most likely on back order and could take months. He didn't offer anything as compensation. He just said sorry but thats all i can do. After such an interaction you feel “little” screwed. I am sure its not on purpose but these are the facts and the result.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Keep communicating with the Ford case agent. The dealer isn't likely to offer anything extra, assuming the service manager is an employee at the dealer.

It wouldn't be unreasonable for you to ask about the car payments when you haven't been able to use your car when working with the Ford agent. They sent me a prepaid debit card to the literal penny to cover my car payment.

I truly hope it doesn't take that long to get your car back, but just sharing my experience so if it's not offered to you proactively you should ask for it and see what they do.

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Keep communicating with the Ford case agent. The dealer isn't likely to offer anything extra, assuming the service manager is an employee at the dealer.

It wouldn't be unreasonable for you to ask about the car payments when you haven't been able to use your car when working with the Ford agent. They sent me a prepaid debit card to the literal penny to cover my car payment.

I truly hope it doesn't take that long to get your car back, but just sharing my experience so if it's not offered to you proactively you should ask for it and see what they do.
Thank you for the advice. I think thats fair if i dont have the car by then.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
It's definitely a sh*tty situation to be in where a defective part basically bricks the car you've been waiting presumably months for. But it does look like they're doing their best to take care of you here, not sure if you know but rental cars are also in short supply, and they took care to at least give you a Rav4 (some are going for MachE prices right now) instead of a Corolla. All you can do is wait, they have no incentive to delay and pay you to drive your rental around instead of fixing the car.

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
2 months out of service is well past the lemon law of most states. Might want to mention it to the ford corp rep once you find out what it is for your state. Not like they got MMEs sitting on most lots though so doesn't get you a car any faster here. Lots of dealerships really don't care about these cars IMO. I didn't really get good feedback from the dealership I bought mine from so I took it to another in the local area with a larger service department for a recall and a similar dead car problem. Hard to find a good dealer that understands EVs are definitely not a fad. Call around and get it towed to another dealer if you find one better. Good luck.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I do have opened case and the guy who is taking care of is great. He made the dealership to work on my vehicle after sitting in the dealership unchecked. Today unfortunately the service team manager called me to tell me the part is most likely on back order and could take months. He didn't offer anything as compensation. He just said sorry but thats all i can do. After such an interaction you feel “little” screwed. I am sure its not on purpose but these are the facts and the result.
In addition to the person handling your case at Ford, I suggest you drop the Customer Experience Directora an email laying out just what has happened to date. Their email addresses can ge found at the following link, about 1/2 way down.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/ford/
Sponsored