Mach E or VW Id.4

raadsel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford CMax
Country flag
who said it doesn't use regen? I Didn't but you quoted my comments. Like I said the region in the ID4 is far less than the mache to tesla as it is done with braking. The limit has been set at 0.13 g .
Far less like I said and not the same as the mache or tesla.

It's not like it's hard also to brake hard a couple of times once in a while. I mean people change the oil in Ice vehicles they can do aggressive braking once in a while. Disk vs drums each has a plus or a minus. But point blank the reason VW did it, from their own mouth was cost-cutting as they didn't make the id4 depend heavily on regen.

Driven the ID4 numerous times already and have a nice chat with a VW engineer in Nashville at the roadshow. It is point blank not to be compared to the mache or id4, again from VW. They are going after ice sales in the same segment.

on another note though different size tires and disc vs drum brakes might have said VW money. But when the time comes for tires and brakes the consumer will pay more than same-size tires or all disk brakes.
I was going off your comment, " well, the id4 doesn't really use regen." So, no, you didn't say that the ID.4 didn't use regen but that implies it doesn't really use regen. And, to correct another point, the ID.4 gets up to 0.25g regenerative braking -- the 0.13g is the amount in one pedal driving.

Now, I'm guessing you'll try to tell me that one pedal drive is regen braking -- and that isn't true (except for Teslas, which have zero regenerative braking built into the brakes). You can get regen from the brake pedal or from one pedal driving, and VW has determined they want most of the regen to occur if you step on the brake pedal -- again, the "B" mode has softer regen to mimic a transmission slowing down a gas car.

Having said that, I know plenty of people have requested VW to add a true one pedal drive mode in the ID.4, one that uses the full 0.25g of braking -- and VW can do it via software update, even putting the options in settings so that, by default, it doesn't change the current handling of the car unless the owner specifically changes the setting. It doesn't sound as if it will be in the one coming any day now (the update has already released in Europe), it likely will take some time and work to implement it properly and VW does seem to be taking owner's concerns about the car very seriously.
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I was going off your comment, " well, the id4 doesn't really use regen." So, no, you didn't say that the ID.4 didn't use regen but that implies it doesn't really use regen. And, to correct another point, the ID.4 gets up to 0.25g regenerative braking -- the 0.13g is the amount in one pedal driving.

Now, I'm guessing you'll try to tell me that one pedal drive is regen braking -- and that isn't true (except for Teslas, which have zero regenerative braking built into the brakes). You can get regen from the brake pedal or from one pedal driving, and VW has determined they want most of the regen to occur if you step on the brake pedal -- again, the "B" mode has softer regen to mimic a transmission slowing down a gas car.

Having said that, I know plenty of people have requested VW to add a true one pedal drive mode in the ID.4, one that uses the full 0.25g of braking -- and VW can do it via software update, even putting the options in settings so that, by default, it doesn't change the current handling of the car unless the owner specifically changes the setting. It doesn't sound as if it will be in the one coming any day now (the update has already released in Europe), it likely will take some time and work to implement it properly and VW does seem to be taking owner's concerns about the car very seriously.
Yep and again the ID4 doesn't really use regen. You can call it a smaller amount or only in b mode which every you like. But until they change it. the amount is less, it's just a well you get some regen when breaking. Like spreading too little peanut butter across the bread. and your guessing is wrong again not gonna say anything about tesla and zero regen braking.