Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
https://mustangforums.com/articles/...=202155&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=content

I admit, before today I was a serious Tesla fan and was considering a Model 3 before today when I seen this article.
Good job Tesla fans, you just alienated one of your own for this stunt.

We donā€™t need to fighting each other, as competition is good for everyone.

I will compliment anyone on a nice car, but after this I might keep my beak shut at a Tesla.

-Gryphon
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
OP
OP
DeafGryphon1967
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is the full article

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...mach-e-elon-musk-sergio-rodriguez/7076886002/

However I would say this is not your typical owner, rather a YT personality or one who posts lots on social media. I see you joined today and this is your first post, so welcome to the forum!
(Bawwks, then hand signs in reply)
Thank you very much for the reply....

Ya, I was catching up on my Emails when I seen this in a Mustang Forum I also read from, and was disgusted by it.

I mean, I was a hairs breadth in getting a Model S or a new 3 for my wife when I get my SSDI case ruled on after October. Elon should be ashamed of some of his fans.

-Gryphon

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think the most virulent ones are not just Tesla fans. They are also Tesla shareholders. They try to suppress any negatives about Tesla or its cars and immediately attack & bully anyone not sharing their own views.

Mr. Rodriguez has pointed out a few negatives, like mud coming through Model X dash, too many repairs, and recently showed that AP/FSD can be activated on roads where Tesla and its supported claim it can't be activated. So the spite for him from Tesla's rabid supporters is somewhat understandable.

Last edited:

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I echo what others have said about not wanting to be associated with the Tesla community. In addition to that, I don't care for Tesla's (and their fanboys) attitude that their shit doesn't stink. Generally speaking, they shift blame to the customer more often then they should. For such a premium priced product you'd think they'd have the customer service to match.

Based on many articles I've read I get the impression Tesla is fairly customer hostile. Factoring in the fanboys that come to their aid at a moments notice, and general Tesla bias across the board, I'll take a hard pass on dealing with any of that noise. I actually feel bad for Tesla owners that have legitimate issues and get shouted down by fanboys and or given the runaround by Tesla telling them "you're holding it wrong".

The MME and Ford are hardly perfect, but I'll stick by this community and a company that has be in the game for 100+ years over the alternative.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Last summer I started getting really frustrated with Ford's crappy communication, and was starting to lean toward a model 3. Before the Mach E was announced I had planned to get a model 3 SR+ when my convertible was paid off. But as a "Ford guy" I jumped on the Mach E when it was announced, but was wavering as Ford kept mushrooming us. I took a model 3 for a test drive and loved a lot about the car, so I leaned further. Musk's childish behavior was disconcerting, but in balance the 3 seemed like where I was heading. After watching lots of youtube videos I was impressed, so decided to join a forum to learn some more.

An hour and a half later and there was no chance in hell I would ever associate myself with that personality cult.

OP
OP
DeafGryphon1967
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am a fan of Tesla and what they have done for electric vehicles. But when researching what to purchase the Tesla fan boys/trolls are so horribly aweful that there is no way I could be a part of that culture. So I am now a proud owner of a Mach E!
(Bawwks)
Yes I feel the exact same way. I LOVE the Tesla Supercharger Network and often wish Ford would let the MME able to use the Superecharger network for a fee of course, because Elon ā€˜hasā€™ made the technology available. So why not use the best tech for a new MME?

But yes, the Tesla fanboys, rabid as they are, is very very scary.
-Gryphon <><

OP
OP
DeafGryphon1967
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
(Bawwks)
Yes I feel the exact same way. I LOVE the Tesla Supercharger Network and often wish Ford would let the MME able to use the Superecharger network for a fee of course, because Elon ā€˜hasā€™ made the technology available. So why not use the best tech for a new MME?

But yes, the Tesla fanboys, rabid as they are, is very very scary.
-Gryphon <><
(Bawwks)
Well another poster had let me know of an article in Road and Track, why manufactures havenā€™t approached Tesla to use their network. Itā€™s in another reply I had typed out about Electrify America, and wow that was eye opening.

I stand corrected... thank you. ^^ Just shows ya Iā€™m very willing to learn about these EVs, and charging and such....

-Gryphon <><

OP
OP
DeafGryphon1967
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Petroguy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Rt 1
Occupation
Hvacr tech
Country flag
I recieved my MME on the 18th, since then I have had so many compliments about it that I lost track. I could've bought a Tesla, but just like most have said to me, the MME is "SICK LOOKING, THE TESLA IS A ME TOO CAR NOW."
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E owner receives Death Threats from Tesla owners 20210530_192806
I own shares of ford and Tesla, not because I'm devoted to them, just like making $$. These die hard tesla ppl are just threatened by the overwhelming positive response that the MME is getting. I truly love my car and know I made the right choice in my Ford
Sponsored