Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
Most search results center on a broken wiper. I managed to pop off the small cover on the pivot by pulling outward. Since the wiper arm doesn't lift up, how do you get at the blade to repplace it? And, on mine, the end of the blade doesn't conform to the glass, making it less thanuseful. Does the "long trim" come off? Glad I saw the pic of the nut on the threaded shaft so I didn't ust try pulling up!
TIA
Don
Sponsored

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Pull the wiper blade firmly to the right side of the car. you will hear a click. Then lift the arm off slightly to drop the blade.

have cardboard ready to protect the rear window.

looking at a new replacement blade makes this obvious. The blade from the Ford edge should come from the MachE factory.

JamieLV

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37
Country flag
Most search results center on a broken wiper. I managed to pop off the small cover on the pivot by pulling outward. Since the wiper arm doesn't lift up, how do you get at the blade to repplace it? And, on mine, the end of the blade doesn't conform to the glass, making it less thanuseful. Does the "long trim" come off? Glad I saw the pic of the nut on the threaded shaft so I didn't ust try pulling up!
TIA
Don
You can see videos of replacing here:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/rear-wiper-blade-longer-replacement.3965/page-12#post-605678

OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
Got the 15" Trico from Amazon today. Pretty easy!
Do both front & rear washers come off the tank in the frunk? Page 104 in the user manual shows a filler that appears to be in a door post. Don't find that. Probably just another instance of Ford apparently adapting a manual from some other model. e.g., parts of The Manual talk about towing a trailer and later it specifically says Don't.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Got the 15" Trico from Amazon today. Pretty easy!
Do both front & rear washers come off the tank in the frunk? Page 104 in the user manual shows a filler that appears to be in a door post. Don't find that. Probably just another instance of Ford apparently adapting a manual from some other model. e.g., parts of The Manual talk about towing a trailer and later it specifically says Don't.
Yes, one reservoir for both washers. 😊🐩

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
After 2 years, I am finally replacing my rear wiper! I used the Bosch A401H. The old one comes off by pulling to the right to break it free, the Bosch just pops straight on. Need to remember that when replacing it again in two years.
Sponsored

Reactions: ATL