Mach-E Vs. Lawnmower

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
The car has about 1100 miles on it and just got whacked by a big landscaping lawnmower. The bottom of driver’s side front quarter panel and trim is pretty scratched and dented, and it’s causing the door to hit it when opening.

This is the quarter panel with the charge port door in it. Is this something that should go to a Ford dealer with a collision center, or can I take it to my general body shop that I’ve used for other cars in the past.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Any quality body shop should be fine. Post some pics.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
As long as your pony is not saying it’s sensors are out of whack and it’s not giving you any error messages. I would imagine anybody shop is fine. Expect ridiculous estimate as things are getting out of hand in body shops lately as well. With parts out of stock, a lot of body shops are totalling vehicles and getting 3 to 4 grand just for the estimate because it requires so much disassembling, which is of course absolute horseshit. I’m not inferring your vehicle is totaled certainly, but I have seen cars that look like they should be easily repairable be written off so caveat emptor on that repair and get it done right post some pictures I’m interested because I know it’s gonna happen to all of us eventually.

Jes sayin …

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Sorry to hear about this. I hope the lawn mower person’s insurance is going to pay for the repairs and your Diminished Value. 😱🐩

OP
OP

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Thanks for the help.

Pics attached. It’s really pretty minor. I’ll take it for a drive in a bit to confirm all works well, but it’s not near any sensors.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope the lawn mower person’s insurance is going to pay for the repairs and your Diminished Value. 😱🐩
I was wondering about diminished value. Is that something I should pursue when it’s a small repair? I’m not sure if something like this would show up in a carfax. It wasn’t even in a car accident, technically.
4E362AA4-6882-4986-827E-94ADD6E3D005.jpeg
3917BD53-3088-4841-B1A5-F5B23C5B0126.jpeg

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thanks for the help.

Pics attached. It’s really pretty minor. I’ll take it for a drive in a bit to confirm all works well, but it’s not near any sensors.

I was wondering about diminished value. Is that something I should pursue when it’s a small repair? I’m not sure if something like this would show up in a carfax. It wasn’t even in a car accident, technically.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Vs. Lawnmower 3917BD53-3088-4841-B1A5-F5B23C5B0126
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Vs. Lawnmower 3917BD53-3088-4841-B1A5-F5B23C5B0126
If you're going through their insurance, then very high chance it'll go on CarFax. Also depends on the body shop, if not going through insurance. Being that you're saying diminished value claim, then I'd assume insurance. So, yes, always do a diminished value claim.

I'd avoid a direct Ford body shop that the dealer owns and operates. I found one that was the body shop FOR a local dealer and they did great work. Those operated by the dealer are really hit or miss, as are all body shops, but people tend to just full trust them more when they can still do crap work.

OP
OP

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
If you're going through their insurance, then very high chance it'll go on CarFax. Also depends on the body shop, if not going through insurance. Being that you're saying diminished value claim, then I'd assume insurance. So, yes, always do a diminished value claim.

I'd avoid a direct Ford body shop that the dealer owns and operates. I found one that was the body shop FOR a local dealer and they did great work. Those operated by the dealer are really hit or miss, as are all body shops, but people tend to just full trust them more when they can still do crap work.
Thanks.

I talked to my auto body shop and have an appointment in two weeks. They said they don’t report stuff to Carfax, but an insurance company might.

If this landscaper puts it through his business insurance, I wonder they report to carfax, or if that’s something only a car insurance company would do.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thanks.

I talked to my auto body shop and have an appointment in two weeks. They said they don’t report stuff to Carfax, but an insurance company might.

If this landscaper puts it through his business insurance, I wonder they report to carfax, or if that’s something only a car insurance company would do.
I’m not sure why you’d risk. If he’s just paying the invoice for you, no biggie, be a nice guy, sure. But if he’s running it through insurance, it’ll be dinged no matter what now, so might as well get what you can.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
You also need to make sure the body shop is capable of repairs on aluminum panels since the front fenders and hood on the Mach-E
's are aluminum.

Tony

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Good Professional Dent Removal should take care of your baby.
This was worse but just look at what they can do.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Thanks.

Is the lawnmower business paying the damage out of pocket? Is the lawnmower business's insurance paying for the damage? if the other side's insurance is paying. You should file a claim with their insurance. I don't even think it is under auto collision. Probably just general liability insurance of the landscaping business. I am surprised that you did not discuss the payment option with the lawnmower person/business right away.

There are free VIN history check websites that you can use to see if your record shows accident history after repair. Diminished value is not that easy to get. And technically it is under tort law. Don't bother unless an accident history is showing up.

OP
OP

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Is the lawnmower business paying the damage out of pocket? Is the lawnmower business's insurance paying for the damage? if the other side's insurance is paying. You should file a claim with their insurance. I don't even think it is under auto collision. Probably just general liability insurance of the landscaping business. I am surprised that you did not discuss the payment option with the lawnmower person/business right away.

There are free VIN history check websites that you can use to see if your record shows accident history after repair. Diminished value is not that easy to get. And technically it is under tort law. Don't bother unless an accident history is showing up.
Not sure if they want to pay out of pocket or through their insurance yet. This happened yesterday and my appointment with the body shop for an estimate is in two weeks. The person operating the lawnmower let the owner of the landscaping company know what happened. The owner of the landscaping company then called my father (I’m visiting my parents and it happened in their driveway) to take responsibility and ensure it would be paid for. So, I appreciate his honesty. If he didn’t call we wouldn’t have had proof of who did it.
Sponsored